New England Revolution Issue Statement on MLS Season Suspension
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. â The New England Revolution support Major League Soccer's decision to suspend match play for 30 days. The safety and well-being of Revolution fans, players, coaches, and employees is the club's top priority.
The goal is to reschedule affected games for a future date to be determined later. This impacts the Revolution's home games scheduled for March 15, April 4, and April 8. All tickets purchased for the club's home games during this period will remain valid for the rescheduled dates. Season Members can contact their customer service representative with any questions.
The New England Revolution remain in continuous communication with local, state, and federal agencies for real-time intelligence, best practices, and response protocols related to the COVID-19. The league and club will communicate updates and plans for the continuation of the 2020 season at the appropriate time.
Statement from Major League Soccer:
NEW YORK â Major League Soccer has suspended match play for 30 days, effective immediately, as the league continues to assess the impact of COVID-19 with its medical task force and public health officials.
At the appropriate time, the league and clubs will communicate plans for the continuation of the 2020 season and update the status of league events.
"Our clubs were united today in the decision to temporarily suspend our season â based on the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and other public health authorities, and in the best interest of our fans, players, officials and employees," said MLS Commissioner Don Garber. "We'd like to thank our fans for their continued support during this challenging time."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2020
- BBVA Classic Between Houston Dynamo and Cruz Azul Postponed - Houston Dynamo
- Josh Kroenke Statement on KSE-Owned Local Teams and Venues - Colorado Rapids
- Greece, Costa Rica Match at Red Bull Arena Canceled - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Statement Following Major League Soccer's Suspension of 2020 Season - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Statement on COVID-19 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLSE Statement on Suspension of NBA, NHL and MLS Seasons - Toronto FC
- MLS Season Suspended for 30 Days - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Issues Statement in Response to MLS Suspension and COVID-19 - Orlando City SC
- MLS Commissioner Don Garber Issues Statement on U.S. Soccer's Recent Filing - MLS
- Montreal Impact Issues Statement on Covid-19 - Montreal Impact
- Houston Dynamo Issues Statement on Suspension of Major League Soccer Season - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Statement on MLS Season Suspension and 2020 CONCACAF Champions League Match - Los Angeles FC
- Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Game in Arlington Cancelled - FC Dallas
- Toronto FC Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season - Toronto FC
- New York Red Bulls Issue Statement on Suspended Season - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer, Inter Miami CF Suspend Season for Next 30 Days - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - LA Galaxy
- Events at Earthquakes Stadium to be Postponed Or Cancelled - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Issues Statement on Season Suspension - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Issues Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Issue Statement on MLS Season Suspension - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Portland Timbers Issue Statement on MLS Season Postponement - Portland Timbers
- Columbus Crew SC Issues Statement on COVID-19 - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC Statement on Major League Soccer Suspending Season - Minnesota United FC
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - MLS
- Inter Miami CF and Fanatics Announce Long-Term, Omnichannel Retail Partnership - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Falls 3-0 to Club America in Leg One - Atlanta United FC
- Post-Match Notes: New York City FC 0 - 1 Tigres Uanl - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Statement from New England Revolution President Brian Bilello
- Revolution Academy Announces College Commitments
- Revolution Midfielder Diego Fagundez and eMLS Competitor John Oliveira to Compete in eMLS Tournament Special
- Patriots and Revolution Launch Special Edition of Read Between the Lines Program
- Gillette Stadium to Host Series of Blood Drives