Evansville Otters Game Preview
EVANSVILLE, Ind. - After dropping Game One of the doubleheader against the Traverse City Beach Bums 3-1, the Evansville Otters came back to earn a split with a 3-1 victory in Game Two. The Otters, who went 4-5 against the Beach Bums last season, look to take the first series of the season in their final game of this series tonight at Bosse Field at 5:05 P.M. CDT.
Preston Olson was impressive on the mound in Game Two, firing six innings of one run baseball without walking a single batter and striking out two. The tall righty from Salt Lake City Utah is now 10-3 in his career with the Otters.
Kurt Wertz Jr., in his professional debut, collected three hits in the doubleheader including a double in his first professional at bat before picking up his first career RBI later in the double header. Chris Sweeney, who bashed 21 home runs last year for the Otters (second only to MVP Shayne Houck's 23), also picked up three hits and a double, picking up right where he left off last season.
Tonight's matchup between the two Frontier League East Division foes will pit the Otters' Trevor Walch (8-6 lifetime with the Otters and a 3.58 ERA) up against Ian MacDougall (6-4, 3.25 ERA in 2014 with the Beach Bums).
Today's game will be on WUEV 91.5 FM as well as on EvansvilleOtters.com. If using the website to listen, just click on "listen live" to hear the call.
Reserved Box Seat tickets are $9 and general admission is just $6.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling the team's front office at 812.435.8686.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from May 17, 2015
- Grizzlies Drop Series Finale to Rockford - Gateway Grizzlies
- Richardson, Urquhart Tally Three Hits Each in Loss to Traverse City - Evansville Otters
- Beach Bums Win 6-3 in Evansville - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Wild Things Split Sunday Double Header with Boomers - Washington Wild Things
- Boomers Split Doubleheader in Pennsylvania - Schaumburg Boomers
- CornBelters Fall for the First Time in 2015 - Normal CornBelters
- Crushers use four-run third to avoid sweep - Lake Erie Crushers
- Miners Fall in Lake Erie Finale - Southern Illinois Miners
- Evansville Otters Game Preview - Evansville Otters
- Otters Split Opening Day Doubleheader with Traverse City - Evansville Otters
- Grizzlies' Bats Quiet in Loss to Aviators - Gateway Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.