Edgeworth, Cresto and Montes All Homer in T's Victory
LEXINGTON - The Asheville Tourists played some longball on Saturday night in a 9-5 victory over the Lexington Legends. Danny Edgeworth, John Cresto, and Coco Montes all hit Home Runs out of Whitaker Bank Ballpark and the Tourists tacked on a few more runs late to snap their four-game skid.
Edgeworth's solo Home Run in the top of the second opened the scoring. Cresto's two-run shot came later in the frame and Asheville held a 3-0 lead after two. Montes crushed a three-run shot in the top of the fourth to give Asheville a 6-0 advantage.
Nick Bush allowed only one hit over his first four innings. The Legends did push across an unearned run in the bottom of the fourth and added one more in the fifth. Lexington then plated one in the sixth and two more in the seventh to cut Asheville's lead down to two at 7-5. Asheville used an RBI double by Will Golsan in the top of the sixth to help keep the Legends at bay.
The final two frames belonged to the Tourists. Asheville received an RBI single by Cresto in the eighth and a sacrifice fly by Daniel Montano in the ninth to put the game away. Lexington was held without a hit over the final two innings. The Tourists bullpen combination of Boby Johnson, PJ Poulin, and Raymells Rosa did a nice job closing out the win in a raucous environment.
Cresto and Montes each finished with three RBI's while Edgeworth and Cade Harris both reached base three times. The Tourists evened up the series at one game apiece with the win and are back at it Sunday afternoon with game three set for 2:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 18, 2019
- Edgeworth, Cresto and Montes All Homer in T's Victory - Asheville Tourists
- Suns Pitching Unravels in 9-4 Loss - Hagerstown Suns
- Vespi Dazzles in Opener; 'Birds Split K-Town - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Sold out Crowd Packs Whitaker Bank Ballpark as Legends Fall in Game Two - Lexington Legends
- Late Error Ignites Augusta Rally as Dogs Fall in Extras - Charleston RiverDogs
- Mauricio a Triple Shy of Cycle, Fireflies Fall in Rome - Columbia Fireflies
- Jackets Win 11-Inning Marathon 6-4 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Drive Fall to West Virginia, 4-1, on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- Florido Shines, Anchia Homers in 4-1 Win - West Virginia Power
- Dean and Harris slug Braves to victory - Rome Braves
- Case Dismisses Claws Again as Hoppers Win 4-0 on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Fireflies Game Notes - May 18 at Rome (Game 42) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (May 18) - West Virginia Power
- Three-Run Fifth Vaults Suns over Crawdads - Hagerstown Suns
- Braves Bats Keep Sizzling in 11-3 Romp over Fireflies - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.