ECHL Board of Governors Approves Transfer of Gladiators' Ownership
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced Tuesday that the League's Board of Governors has approved the Transfer of Controlling Interest in the team from Gwinnett County Hockey, LLC, an entity controlled by Toby Jeffreys, to Danor Vienna, LLC, an entity owned by P. Daniel Orlich.
"After 15 years as majority owner of the Gladiators it's time to take the organization to another level. Mr. Daniel Orlich has that ability," stated Toby Jeffreys.
Jeffreys took over as the majority owner of the Mobile Mysticks Hockey Club 21 years ago and was the man responsible for bringing the franchise to Duluth, GA to become the Gladiators back in 2003.
"For over 23 years as a fan of the ECHL and owner I want to thank everyone along the way who has been instrumental to our success - our loyal ownership group, sponsors, office and hockey staff, numerous players, our fans, the community, Arena leadership and staff and my partners in the ECHL. I especially want to thank Bill Davidson and Steve Chapman for their dedication, vision and friendship - for without them, I could have never achieved what I have in minor league professional sports," added Jeffreys. "Lastly, the support and love of my family, I am really looking forward to spending more quality time with them. I will always remain a fan of the Gladiators and ECHL."
New owner and real estate developer, P. Daniel Orlich, takes over controlling interest of the team with a previous background in professional sports. The Vienna, VA native previously owned the Edmonton Cracker-Cats of the Northern Baseball league from 2005-2008.
"Toby has poured his heart and pocket book into the Gladiators to bring wholesome family evenings and a nationally competitive team to this community and Arena," said Orlich. "It is my objective to see the Gladiators grow well beyond the foundation that has been built by Toby and his partners."
"I would like to thank Toby Jeffreys for his efforts on behalf of the Gladiators and the ECHL over the past 20-plus years. He was a great owner and will be missed by all," ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna said. "The ECHL welcomes Daniel to the League, his background in minor league sports will be beneficial."
The Atlanta Gladiators 15th Anniversary season continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Wednesday, March 28th against the Kalamazoo Wings at 7:05 PM. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 10,867-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2018
- Fuel Pull Through for Overtime Win in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Top Thunder in Independence Cup Finale - Kansas City Mavericks
- Vaive's Hat Trick Not Enough as 'Clones Come up Short - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Toledo's Bonis Named Sher-Wood Athletics Group/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Garrett Smithley Joins Nailers for Race to Playoffs - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Sign Jarrid Privitera - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - March 20 - ECHL
- Sholl Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for Second - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Independence Cup Series Closes Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads announce donations for St Luke's "Pink in the Rink" Jersey Auction - Idaho Steelheads
- UAA's Olivier Mantha Named 2017-18 WCHA Outstanding Student-Athlete of the Year - Adirondack Thunder
- Bonis Named ECHL Player of the Week - Toledo Walleye
- Forward Johno May Signs First Pro Deal with Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Etienne Marcoux Returns to Fuel Lineup - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Board of Governors Approves Atlanta's Transfer of Controlling Interest - ECHL
- ECHL Board of Governors Approves Transfer of Gladiators' Ownership - Atlanta Gladiators
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.