Toledo's Bonis Named Sher-Wood Athletics Group/ECHL Player of the Week
March 20, 2018 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Kyle Bonis of the Toledo Walleye is the Sher-Wood Athletics Group ECHL Player of the Week for March 12-18. It is the second time in his career that he has received the weekly honor.
Bonis scored four goals, added three assists and was a +5 last week as the Walleye swept four road games against Central Division opponents.
The 29-year-old tallied a goal and an assist in a 3-2 win at Quad City on?Wednesday, had a goal in a 3-2 victory against the Mallards on Friday, posted two goals and an assist in a 4-3 win at Indy on?Saturday and added an assist in a 4-1 victory at Cincinnati on Sunday.
A native of Lindsay, Ontario, Bonis leads the?Walleye with 24 goals and is second on the team with 48 points in 60 games this season.
Bonis has totaled 188 points (105g-83a) in 231 career ECHL games with?Toledo and Florida and has added 24 points (15g-9a) in 101 career American?Hockey League games with Norfolk, Charlotte, Grand Rapids,?San Diego,?Rochester and Iowa.
Prior to turning pro, Bonis recorded 77 points (47g-30a) in 136 career games at Ferris State University.
On behalf of Kyle Bonis, a case of pucks will be donated to a Toledo youth hockey organization by Sher-Wood Athletics Group, the exclusive puck supplier of the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, Sher-Wood Athletics Group has donated more than 37,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
Runners Up: Domenic Alberga, Norfolk (3 gp, 3g, 2a, 5 pts.) and Max Novak, Orlando (3 gp, 2g, 4a, 6 pts.).
Also Nominated: Ryan Olsen (Colorado), Mitchell Heard (Florida), Shawn Szydlowski (Fort Wayne), Ryan Rupert (Indy), Lane Scheidl (Kalamazoo), Adam Schmidt (Reading) and Ryan Misiak (Utah).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2018
- Fuel Pull Through for Overtime Win in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Top Thunder in Independence Cup Finale - Kansas City Mavericks
- Vaive's Hat Trick Not Enough as 'Clones Come up Short - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Toledo's Bonis Named Sher-Wood Athletics Group/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Garrett Smithley Joins Nailers for Race to Playoffs - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Sign Jarrid Privitera - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - March 20 - ECHL
- Sholl Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for Second - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Independence Cup Series Closes Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads announce donations for St Luke's "Pink in the Rink" Jersey Auction - Idaho Steelheads
- UAA's Olivier Mantha Named 2017-18 WCHA Outstanding Student-Athlete of the Year - Adirondack Thunder
- Bonis Named ECHL Player of the Week - Toledo Walleye
- Forward Johno May Signs First Pro Deal with Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Etienne Marcoux Returns to Fuel Lineup - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Board of Governors Approves Atlanta's Transfer of Controlling Interest - ECHL
- ECHL Board of Governors Approves Transfer of Gladiators' Ownership - Atlanta Gladiators
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.