Forward Johno May Signs First Pro Deal with Swamp Rabbits
Greenville, SC - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, announced today that forward Johno May signed his first pro contract with the club and has been added to the active roster. May has played the last four seasons at American International College, logging over 140 games.
May, 24, finished his senior season at AIC earlier this month and ended his tenure with 60 points (22G, 38A) in 143 games. The 6-foot-5 forward net three goals and added a pair of assists this season. May's most productive offensive season with the Yellow Jackets came as a freshman when he ranked third on the roster with 30 points (7G, 23A). His team-best 23 assists that season ranked second in school history while his overall tallies came in as the eighth best total. The following year, May posted a career-high nine goals and was fourth on the club with 17 points (9G, 8A).
The Mahtomedi, Minnesota native missed only seven games in four seasons. His best single game performances came in his first year, collecting three points in contests against Airforce and Michigan. May recorded three multi-goal games in his career and earned recognition as Atlantic Hockey Conference Rookie of the Week.
Before enrolling at AIC, May played parts of two seasons in the NAHL with the Minnesota Wilderness, Janesville Jets, and Bismark Bobcats. In 78 games from 2012-2014, he collected 36 points (12G, 24A). May also played three seasons at Mahtomedi High School in Minnesota before turning to junior hockey.
May joins the Swamp Rabbits for the team's weekend series against the Jacksonville Icemen at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena. The pair of games begins with Golf Night presented by Golf for Greenville on Friday at 7 p.m.
Images from this story
Forward Johno May
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2018
- Fuel Pull Through for Overtime Win in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Top Thunder in Independence Cup Finale - Kansas City Mavericks
- Vaive's Hat Trick Not Enough as 'Clones Come up Short - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Toledo's Bonis Named Sher-Wood Athletics Group/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Garrett Smithley Joins Nailers for Race to Playoffs - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Sign Jarrid Privitera - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - March 20 - ECHL
- Sholl Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for Second - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Independence Cup Series Closes Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads announce donations for St Luke's "Pink in the Rink" Jersey Auction - Idaho Steelheads
- UAA's Olivier Mantha Named 2017-18 WCHA Outstanding Student-Athlete of the Year - Adirondack Thunder
- Bonis Named ECHL Player of the Week - Toledo Walleye
- Forward Johno May Signs First Pro Deal with Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Etienne Marcoux Returns to Fuel Lineup - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Board of Governors Approves Atlanta's Transfer of Controlling Interest - ECHL
- ECHL Board of Governors Approves Transfer of Gladiators' Ownership - Atlanta Gladiators
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.