Dynamo Encourage Fans to Give to Cancer Research When Buying Soccer Tickets
HOUSTON - The Houston Dynamo are teaming up with their new jersey partner, MD Anderson Cancer Center, to provide fans the opportunity to add on a voluntary donation to support the hospital's cancer treatment and research efforts.
During the purchase process, fans will have the ability to include a donation in $5 increments, with all of the proceeds from those donations going to MD Anderson. The partnership, which was announced in November, is the first cause-based marketing initiative in Major League Soccer history.
Individual game tickets for the 2019 Houston Dynamo season, fueled by 76® are on sale now, with prices starting at just $24 and may be purchased online at HoustonDynamo.com, by phone at 713-276-4625 (GOAL) or in person at the BBVA Compass Stadium box office. The Dynamo kick off the 2019 season on Saturday, March 2 when they host Real Salt Lake on Opening Day. Kickoff for that match is scheduled for 5 p.m. CST.
The Dynamo head into the new season looking to improve on a 2018 campaign that saw them capture the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup championship, the club's first title in American soccer's oldest competition. La Naranja were one of Major League Soccer's most potent teams last year, setting a club record with 58 goals scored, including 36 goals in 17 home matches.
With stars like forwards Mauro Manotas, Alberth Elis and Romell Quioto, midfielder Tomás Martínez and U.S. Men's National Team legend DaMarcus Beasley, the Dynamo will boast one of the league's most diverse, dangerous and dynamic attacks once again in 2019. Manotas shattered every club single-season scoring record last year, bagging 25 goals in all competitions and 19 in league play; and Elis set a club record with a combined 21 goals and assists in league play.
Arguably the two biggest biggest stars in Major League Soccer will visit BBVA Compass Stadium this season, as England's all-time leading scorer Wayne Rooney and DC United come to town on May 18 and Swedish superstar Zlatan Ibrahimoviæ and the LA Galaxy visit on Oct. 6. Tickets for those matches are only available as part of full or partial season ticket memberships at this time, with full season membership starting as low as $19 per game and partial membership plans starting at $20 per game.
Following their Opening Day tilt with Real Salt Lake, the Dynamo will host a pair of matches during Spring Break, with the Montreal Impact coming to town on March 9 and the Vancouver Whitecaps visiting on March 16. Both of those matches will provide ideal opportunities to take advantage of great weather to kick off or cap off a Spring Break for fans, friends and families throughout Houston.
Additional highlights of the 2019 home slate include a Cinco de Mayo Weekend matchup with arch-rivals FC Dallas on Saturday, May 4 and a Friday Night Lights matchup with Mexican star Carlos Vela and Los Angeles FC on Friday, July 12, while German legend Bastian Schweinsteiger and the Chicago Fire visit BBVA Compass Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 3.
Dynamo 365 season memberships remain available for fans looking to catch every moment of the action at BBVA Compass Stadium. Members are guaranteed tickets for all 17 league home matches along with select Concacaf Champions League and U.S. Open Cup matches, as well as the annual BBVA Compass Dynamo Charities Cup. Additionally, Members have the opportunity to take advantage of exclusive Members-only benefits throughout the season and join in Members-only events such as the annual Meet The Team Day.
Fans who may not be able to commit to all 17 matches can get in on some of the best games through an Opening Day Three-Game Plan featuring Opening Day, the match against D.C. United and a visit from Columbus Crew SC on Apr. 27, starting at just $72; or the Premier Three-Game Plan which features Opening Day, the match with the LA Galaxy and a July 3 matchup with Supporter Shield winners New York Red Bulls.
Fans looking for the ultimate flexibility can build their own Dynamo Flex Plan with the dates, games, and seats that work best for them.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 22, 2019
- Chicago Fire Names Motorola as Official Jersey Partner - Chicago Fire FC
- Sutter Health to Serve as First-Ever Presenting Partner of the Quakes Academy - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC to Host Second Annual Job Fair for Banc of California Stadium Employees - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC Match against Colorado Rapids Moved from July 17 to June 8 - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Waives Forward StÃ©fano Pinho - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Midfielder Roland Lamah - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Aboubacar Keita - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo Sign DF Sam Junqua - Houston Dynamo FC
- Chicago Fire Signs Academy Product Jeremiah Gutjahr - Chicago Fire FC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced Spanish Midfielder Jon Erice - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Dynamo Encourage Fans to Give to Cancer Research When Buying Soccer Tickets - Houston Dynamo FC
- Toronto FC Sign Noble Okello - Toronto FC
- Tickets on Sale Friday for Gold Cup Doubleheader in KC - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Acquires Polish National Team Midfielder Przemyslaw Frankowski - Chicago Fire FC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Free Agent Defender Aurelien Collin - Philadelphia Union
- Kevin Gilmore Named President of the Montreal Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Ebenezer Ofori Returns on Loan for New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo FC Stories
- Houston Dynamo FC & Houston Dash Announce Promotional Schedule for Summer & Fall
- Houston Dynamo FC Midfielder Darwin Cerén Named to El Salvador National Team
- Dynamo Fall to Sporting Kansas City 3-2
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC to Play in Their First Full-Capacity Game Since March 2020
- Houston Dynamo FC Away Match against Vancouver Whitecaps FC Moved to July 20