Tickets on Sale Friday for Gold Cup Doubleheader in KC
Tickets for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup doubleheader featuring the United States Men's National Team on June 26 at Children's Mercy Park will go on sale to the general public Friday at 10 a.m. CT via SeatGeek.com.
In addition, Sporting Kansas City Season Ticket Members now have access to an exclusive presale for the doubleheader and can contact their membership services representative for more information.
Children's Mercy Park is set to host the final two matches of the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup group stage, with the United States among the four teams in Group D taking the field on June 26. The Gold Cup schedule and complete group assignments will be announced this spring when the tournament's 16-team field is finalized.
Led by newly appointed head coach Gregg Berhalter, the U.S. MNT enter 2019 as reigning Gold Cup champions and boast a 6-0-1 record in Kansas City all-time. That mark includes four wins and a draw at Children's Mercy Park, which will host Gold Cup matches for the third time following 2011 and 2015.
The U.S. MNT will compete in the Concacaf region's continental championship as the seeded team in Group D. Mexico (Group A), Costa Rica (Group B) and Honduras (Group C) are also seeded participants, while the remaining 12 nations from across North America, Central America and the Caribbean will learn their group placements after the conclusion of qualifying in March. The United States, six-time Gold Cup winners, lifted the 2017 title with the help of Sporting Kansas City duo Matt Besler and Graham Zusi.
World-class Children's Mercy Park is one of 15 venues across 13 U.S. cities that will host the 2019 Gold Cup. Select group stage matches will also take place in San Jose, Costa Rica, and a Caribbean city yet to be announced, marking the first time in tournament history that games will be played outside of the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
The Gold Cup serves as the headline competition for the U.S. MNT in 2019. The 15th edition of the competition will run from June 5 to July 7, with the final to be held at Soldier Field in Chicago.
Kansas City, a Candidate Host City for the 2026 FIFA World Cup in the United States, Mexico and Canada, has hosted many of soccer's most prestigious matches at the club, college and international levels. Other high-profile events held at Children's Mercy Park include the 2013 MLS Cup, 2013 MLS All-Star Game, 2014 Concacaf Women's Championship, 2015 NCAA College Cup, Concacaf Men's Olympic Qualifying (2012, 2015), Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup finals (2012, 2017) and 2018 Tournament of Nations.
U.S. Men's National Team in Kansas City (6-0-1)
Date Opponent Result Venue Competition
Nov. 2, 1968 Bermuda W 6-2 Municipal Stadium 1970 World Cup Qualifying
April 25, 2001 Costa Rica W 1-0 Arrowhead Stadium 2002 World Cup Qualifying
June 14, 2011 Guadeloupe W 1-0 Children's Mercy Park 2011 Concacaf Gold Cup
Oct. 16, 2012 Guatemala W 3-1 Children's Mercy Park 2014 World Cup Qualifying
Oct. 11, 2013 Jamaica W 2-0 Children's Mercy Park 2014 World Cup Qualifying
July 13, 2015 Panama T 1-1 Children's Mercy Park 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup
May 28, 2016 Bolivia W 4-0 Children's Mercy Park Friendly
June 26, 2019 TBD TBD Children's Mercy Park 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 22, 2019
- Chicago Fire Names Motorola as Official Jersey Partner - Chicago Fire
- Sutter Health to Serve as First-Ever Presenting Partner of the Quakes Academy - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC to Host Second Annual Job Fair for Banc of California Stadium Employees - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC Match against Colorado Rapids Moved from July 17 to June 8 - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Waives Forward StÃ©fano Pinho - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Midfielder Roland Lamah - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Aboubacar Keita - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo Sign DF Sam Junqua - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Signs Academy Product Jeremiah Gutjahr - Chicago Fire
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced Spanish Midfielder Jon Erice - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Dynamo Encourage Fans to Give to Cancer Research When Buying Soccer Tickets - Houston Dynamo
- Toronto FC Sign Noble Okello - Toronto FC
- Tickets on Sale Friday for Gold Cup Doubleheader in KC - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Acquires Polish National Team Midfielder Przemyslaw Frankowski - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Free Agent Defender Aurelien Collin - Philadelphia Union
- Kevin Gilmore Named President of the Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Ebenezer Ofori Returns on Loan for New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting KC's Unbeaten Run Halted in San Jose
- Busio Strikes Late as Sporting Snares 2-2 Draw vs. Red Bulls
- Preview: Sporting Hosts New York Red Bulls on Sunday
- Sporting Falls to Monterrey in Champions League Semis
- Kansas City to Host USA vs. Panama in 2019 Gold Cup