Chicago Fire Names Motorola as Official Jersey Partner
CHICAGO - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club and Motorola announced today a three-year partnership agreement, naming the Chicago-based mobile communications company the official jersey partner of the Club. Throughout the term of the partnership, Motorola will be prominently featured on the front of the Chicago Fire's match jerseys and training apparel.
The new jerseys - both primary and secondary - were revealed tonight at the Chicago Fire Jersey Unveil Celebration. The jerseys were unveiled by FIFA World Cup winner Bastian Schweinsteiger, U.S. Men's National Team player and Fire team captain Dax McCarty and 2017 MLS Golden Boot Winner Nemanja Nikolic. Both jerseys will be available for sale beginning March 1.
"We're extremely excited to announce our new jersey partnership with Motorola," said Chicago Fire Soccer Club Chief Operating Officer John Urban. "Motorola is a globally recognized brand that, similar to our Club, is proud of its Chicago roots. We look forward to introducing the Motorola brand to the diverse audience that exists within MLS and the sport of soccer."
"As a proud Chicago-based company, Motorola is thrilled to further our dedication to our hometown by teaming up with the Chicago Fire Soccer Club," said Rudi Kalil, vice president and general manager, North America at Motorola. "The Chicago Fire is the latest to join our roster of iconic Chicago sports partnerships. Much like Motorola, the Chicago Fire are forward-looking, agile and driven to win, which made this partnership easy to root for."
Through this partnership, the Fire will utilize Motorola smartphones and accessories to produce captivating, player-driven social and digital media content.
Navigate Research supported the Club's efforts to identify and secure its new jersey partnership with Motorola. Based in Chicago, Navigate Research is a trusted advisor for leading brands and organizations in the sports and entertainment industry.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 22, 2019
- Chicago Fire Names Motorola as Official Jersey Partner - Chicago Fire
- Sutter Health to Serve as First-Ever Presenting Partner of the Quakes Academy - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC to Host Second Annual Job Fair for Banc of California Stadium Employees - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC Match against Colorado Rapids Moved from July 17 to June 8 - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Waives Forward StÃ©fano Pinho - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Midfielder Roland Lamah - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Aboubacar Keita - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo Sign DF Sam Junqua - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Signs Academy Product Jeremiah Gutjahr - Chicago Fire
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced Spanish Midfielder Jon Erice - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Dynamo Encourage Fans to Give to Cancer Research When Buying Soccer Tickets - Houston Dynamo
- Toronto FC Sign Noble Okello - Toronto FC
- Tickets on Sale Friday for Gold Cup Doubleheader in KC - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Acquires Polish National Team Midfielder Przemyslaw Frankowski - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Free Agent Defender Aurelien Collin - Philadelphia Union
- Kevin Gilmore Named President of the Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Ebenezer Ofori Returns on Loan for New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Loans Midfielder Mo Adams to Memphis 901 FC
- Frankowski, Hasler and Mihailovic Called up to International Duty
- Chicago Fire Falls 4-2 to Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Argentina National Team Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - March 11, 2019