FC Cincinnati Signs Midfielder Roland Lamah
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati has signed midfielder Roland Lamah. The Orange and Blue selected the Ivorian with the No. 3 selection in the 2018 MLS Expansion Draft.
Lamah joins FC Cincinnati after two years with FC Dallas, where he made 61 appearances, scored 19 goals and added nine assists. The midfielder scored eight goals last season, tied for the most goals scored among all FC Dallas players.
A native of Abidjan, Ivory Coast, Lamah will occupy an international roster spot on Cincinnati's 2019 MLS roster.
"We are pleased to add Roland to our group," FC Cincinnati Head Coach Alan Koch said. "He has proven his ability everywhere he has been, including the last two seasons in MLS. His pace and ability to get behind the defense will provide a dynamic quality to our attack."
In addition to his last two seasons in MLS, Lamah has played at top-tier clubs in Belgium, England, France, Hungary, the Netherlands and Spain during the course of his 12-year professional career. He has made 361 appearances, scored 67 goals and added 55 assists across all competitions.
The next time Cincinnati takes the field, it will be as MLS' 24th team in 2019 when the club debuts in the top professional league in the U.S. and Canada.
FC Cincinnati's debut MLS game will be at Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday, March 2, at CenturyLink Field. The Orange and Blue will make its home debut as an MLS team at Nippert Stadium on Sunday, March 17, when the team hosts MLS Cup finalist Portland Timbers at 5 p.m. Season Ticket Member presales for single-game, group and mini plans are currently underway and those options will be available to the general public starting Thursday, Jan. 24, at 10 a.m. at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. For more information about FC Cincinnati tickets - including 2019 season tickets - call 513-977-KICK (5425) or visit fccincinnati.com/tickets.
Transaction: FC Cincinnati signed M Roland Lamah on Jan. 22, 2019.
#7 ROLAND LAMAH
Birthdate: December 31, 1987
Birthplace: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Hometown: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Last Club: FC Dallas (MLS)
Nationality: Belgium, Ivory Coast
MLS Roster Status: International Player
How Acquired: Selected with third pick in 2018 MLS Expansion Draft on Dec. 11, 2018
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 22, 2019
- Chicago Fire Names Motorola as Official Jersey Partner - Chicago Fire
- Sutter Health to Serve as First-Ever Presenting Partner of the Quakes Academy - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC to Host Second Annual Job Fair for Banc of California Stadium Employees - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC Match against Colorado Rapids Moved from July 17 to June 8 - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Waives Forward StÃ©fano Pinho - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Midfielder Roland Lamah - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Aboubacar Keita - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo Sign DF Sam Junqua - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Signs Academy Product Jeremiah Gutjahr - Chicago Fire
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced Spanish Midfielder Jon Erice - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Dynamo Encourage Fans to Give to Cancer Research When Buying Soccer Tickets - Houston Dynamo
- Toronto FC Sign Noble Okello - Toronto FC
- Tickets on Sale Friday for Gold Cup Doubleheader in KC - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Acquires Polish National Team Midfielder Przemyslaw Frankowski - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Free Agent Defender Aurelien Collin - Philadelphia Union
- Kevin Gilmore Named President of the Montreal Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Ebenezer Ofori Returns on Loan for New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Under-23 Men's National Team
- FC Cincinnati Unveil "Dynamic Kit" as Club's New Primary Kit
- Season Ticket Memberships Now on Sale to General Public
- FC Cincinnati acquire forward Brenner Souza da Silva from Sao Paulo FC as a Young Designated Player
- FC Cincinnati Add Four Players in 2021 MLS SuperDraft, Select Calvin Harris with Second Overall Pick