Toronto FC Sign Noble Okello
Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed midfielder Noble Okello as an Academy Product. Okello becomes the 19th player in club history to sign for the first team from the Toronto FC Academy. The club has signed a total of 44 Toronto FC Academy players to professional contracts for Toronto FC and Toronto FC II.
"Noble is an exciting and promising player whom we look forward to working with at the first team level. While he has worked extremely hard to earn this opportunity, it is also a testament to the commitment that Toronto FC has to developing players from the community, and the quality education that our academy coaches deliver to young players," said Toronto General Manager Ali Curtis. "It should also be noted that while Noble has taken full advantage of his opportunities, his parents played a pivotal role as well. As we move forward, the staff will look to further Noble's development as a player and as a young man."
Okello, 18, appeared in 22 matches for TFC II during the 2018 USL regular season, registering one assist and logging 1437 minutes. He made his professional debut on October 6, 2017 against Bethlehem Steel. Okello was invited to Toronto FC's 2018 pre-season camps last year in Los Angeles, California and Mexico City.
Internationally, Okello made his Canadian youth program debut in 2016 at the age of 16. He has represented the Canadian U-17 team at the 2017 Concacaf Men's Under-17 Championship in Panama and most recently represented the U-20 Canadian team at the 2018 Concacaf Men's Under-20 Championship in the USA.
TRANSACTION: Toronto FC signed midfielder Noble Okello
Birthdate: July 20, 2000 (Age: 18)
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario
Last Club: Toronto FC II
Pronunciation: "NO-BULL OH-KELL-OH"
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 22, 2019
- Chicago Fire Names Motorola as Official Jersey Partner - Chicago Fire
- Sutter Health to Serve as First-Ever Presenting Partner of the Quakes Academy - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC to Host Second Annual Job Fair for Banc of California Stadium Employees - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC Match against Colorado Rapids Moved from July 17 to June 8 - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Waives Forward StÃ©fano Pinho - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Midfielder Roland Lamah - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Aboubacar Keita - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo Sign DF Sam Junqua - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Signs Academy Product Jeremiah Gutjahr - Chicago Fire
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced Spanish Midfielder Jon Erice - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Dynamo Encourage Fans to Give to Cancer Research When Buying Soccer Tickets - Houston Dynamo
- Toronto FC Sign Noble Okello - Toronto FC
- Tickets on Sale Friday for Gold Cup Doubleheader in KC - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Acquires Polish National Team Midfielder Przemyslaw Frankowski - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Free Agent Defender Aurelien Collin - Philadelphia Union
- Kevin Gilmore Named President of the Montreal Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Ebenezer Ofori Returns on Loan for New York City FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.