Dust Devils Clinch Second Half Pennant with 8-5 Win over C's
Vancouver, B.C. - Jared DiCesare went five innings allowing four hits and a lone run departing Friday's game with a four-run lead but Tri-City roared back with seven unanswered runs to claim the North Division second half pennant with an 8-5 victory in front of 6,413 fans marking the 25th sellout of the season for the Canadians.
Will Robertson had his second multi-hit game going 3-for-5 with a home run, his second in as many nights, as the former Creighton Blue Jays standout collected four RBI. Spencer Horwitz went 2-for-4 with a pair of runs scored. The Canadians lower half of the order (five through nine) went a collective 0-for-19 in the series finale with nine strikeouts.
Gabriel Ponce went two innings allowing five hits and three runs, all earned while Nicolas Medina really struggled allowing four runs on four hits as the Dust Devils blew past the Canadians to secure a meeting with Spokane in the North Division final starting September 3rd.
Vancouver nows travels to Everett for three games starting Saturday, August 31st at 7:05pm as Juan Diaz gets the ball in the series opener out at Funko Field. The game can be heard live on Sportsnet 650.
Vancouver announced a final regular season home attendance mark of 235,980 (97% capacity) over 38 dates. The Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club thanks each and every fan and partner for their ongoing support.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Spokane Fans Make History 200,273 Fans Set New Attendance Record - Spokane Indians
- Three Volcanoes Named to NWL 2019 Year-End All-Star Team - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Dust Devils Clinch Playoff Berth - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Dust Devils Clinch Second Half Pennant with 8-5 Win over C's - Vancouver Canadians
- Canario, Aldrete Homers Fuel Volcanoes in 10-5 Win over Eugene - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Help Us Make History at Avista Stadium with 200K Fans - Spokane Indians
- Dust Devils Win Marathon Affair - Tri-City Dust Devils
- C's Post-Season Hopes Dashed in Extra Innings Marathon - Vancouver Canadians
- Canadians Acknowledge Players with Season-Ending Awards - Vancouver Canadians
- Hops Win, Even Series with Boise - Hillsboro Hops
- Hillsboro Responds with a 4-1 Win over Boise in Game Two - Boise Hawks
- Salem-Keizer Slams Way to Win in Seesaw Battle - Eugene Emeralds
- AquaSox Playoff Hopes Take Another Blow - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.