'Dogs Walk-Off Goldeyes for Series Sweep
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Curt Smith had two more hits and a walk-off single, and the 'Dogs scored two runs in the 9th to walk-off the Goldeyes, 3-2, and complete a sweep at Haymarket Park on Thursday night.
Smith singled in Randolph Oduber just two pitches after Cody Regis hit a game-tying RBI single that scored Forrestt Allday. The walk-off was Lincoln's fourth of the year and finished off the 'Dogs' second sweep of the season.
Smith had two hits and extended his hitting streak to nine - the best mark for a Saltdog in 2019. In the series, Smith had six hits and drove in seven runs.
Kyle Kinman tossed seven innings and allowed just two runs in his 11th start of the year, while Austin Boyle pitched a 1-2-3 9th before Lincoln walked it off, earning his second win of the season.
Christian Ibarra opened the scoring with a leadoff homer in the 1st - his seventh homer of the year.
Winnipeg took the lead with two runs in the 2nd inning. James Harris doubled in the game-tying run before Kevin Garcia grounded out to score Reggie Abercrombie.
The win when trailing after eight innings was Lincoln's first this year, while the league's save leader Victor Capellan blew what would have been his league-leading 19th save of the season.
The 'Dogs have won three straight and remain 3.5 games back of Cleburne atop the South Division. Lincoln will now hit the road for eight games over 12 days, beginning with a two-game series against the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks on Friday night. First-pitch time is scheduled for 7:02 p.m., and pregame coverage will begin at 6:00 p.m. on ESPN Lincoln 101.5 FM/1480 AM.
The Saltdogs are playing their 19th season in Lincoln. All ticket and promo information can be found at saltdogs.com, and follow the 'Dogs on Twitter/Instagram @saltdogsball.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 12, 2019
- 'Dogs Three-Game Streak Ends in Fargo - Lincoln Saltdogs
- 'Roaders Roll RailCats in Series Opener - Cleburne Railroaders
- Birds Rally Comes up Short against Dogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- 'Cats Losing Streak Increases to Six in 13-2 Loss to Railroaders - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Roache's Ninth-Inning Blast Pushes Dogs Past Canaries - Chicago Dogs
- Saints Sign Former All-Star Infielder Chris Baker, Hard Throwing Reliever Ryan Smith - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Foursome Makes All-Star Team - Kansas City T-Bones
- Murphy Rewarded for Monster First Half, Diamondbacks Purchase Outfielder's Contract - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Sign RHP Spinnenweber to First Pro Contract - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Four Canaries Make League All-Star Game - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Willis Named to American Association All-Star Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Three Dogs Selected as American Association All-Stars - Chicago Dogs
- X's Get Four Named to 2019 South All-Star Team - Sioux City Explorers
- Three Goldeyes Headed to All-Star Game July 23rd - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- 'Dogs Send Division-High Five Players to 2019 All-Star Game - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Four Railroaders Named to All-Star Team - Cleburne Railroaders
- 2019 American Association All-Stars Announced, Saints Lead Way with Seven Players, Including Five Starters - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Hold on to Beat Saints - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Dogs Walk-Off Goldeyes for Series Sweep - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lincoln Saltdogs Stories
- Major League Baseball, American Association Announce Partnership
- A difficult decision, Saltdogs to cancel the 2020 Season
- Saltdogs Cancel 2020 Season
- Start of 2020 Season Delayed by Covid-19 Pandemic
- 'Dogs Sign Former MLB Pitcher Dallas Beeler, Re-Sign LHP Kyle Kinman