'Dogs Three-Game Streak Ends in Fargo
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Christian Ibarra singled and walked twice, but the 'Dogs opened an eight-game road stretch with a 10-5 loss to the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks at Newman Outdoor Field on Friday night.
The 'Dogs halved an eight-run deficit with a four-run 8th inning. Tyler Moore singled in two runs with a two-out single before Forrestt Allday plated two more later in the frame.
The game was 3-0 after six innings. Fargo-Moorhead opened the scoring in the 2nd inning when Correlle Prime scored on an error by Josh Mazzola and Yhoxian Medina later doubled in Leobaldo Piña.
Prime later hit a two-run homer as part of Fargo-Moorhead's five-run 7th inning. The RedHawks added two more in the 8th before Curt Smith singled in one final run in the 9th.
Smith had two hits - his fifth consecutive multi-hit game -- and extended his hitting streak to a Saltdog-best 10 games. Randolph Oduber had two hits, including a double, and posted his first multi-hit game since July 3.
Saltdogs starter Ricky Knapp gave up five earned runs across 6.1 innings, and Tyler Herr gave up four runs over 1.1 innings. Rookie Josh Norwood retired the only batter he faced in his Saltdogs debut.
RedHawks starter Sebastian Kessay improved to 7-0 with six scoreless innings and three walks with six strikeouts.
The 'Dogs and 'Hawks wrap up the quick two-game set on Saturday afternoon. First-pitch time is scheduled for 2:00 p.m., and pregame coverage will begin at 1:30 p.m. on ESPN Lincoln 101.5 FM/1480 AM.
The Saltdogs are playing their 19th season in Lincoln. All ticket and promo information can be found at saltdogs.com, and follow the 'Dogs on Twitter/Instagram @saltdogsball.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 12, 2019
- 'Dogs Three-Game Streak Ends in Fargo - Lincoln Saltdogs
- 'Roaders Roll RailCats in Series Opener - Cleburne Railroaders
- Birds Rally Comes up Short against Dogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- 'Cats Losing Streak Increases to Six in 13-2 Loss to Railroaders - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Roache's Ninth-Inning Blast Pushes Dogs Past Canaries - Chicago Dogs
- Saints Sign Former All-Star Infielder Chris Baker, Hard Throwing Reliever Ryan Smith - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Foursome Makes All-Star Team - Kansas City T-Bones
- Murphy Rewarded for Monster First Half, Diamondbacks Purchase Outfielder's Contract - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Sign RHP Spinnenweber to First Pro Contract - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Four Canaries Make League All-Star Game - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Willis Named to American Association All-Star Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Three Dogs Selected as American Association All-Stars - Chicago Dogs
- X's Get Four Named to 2019 South All-Star Team - Sioux City Explorers
- Three Goldeyes Headed to All-Star Game July 23rd - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- 'Dogs Send Division-High Five Players to 2019 All-Star Game - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Four Railroaders Named to All-Star Team - Cleburne Railroaders
- 2019 American Association All-Stars Announced, Saints Lead Way with Seven Players, Including Five Starters - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Hold on to Beat Saints - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Dogs Walk-Off Goldeyes for Series Sweep - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.