Dodgers Stifle Sounds with Eight-Run Fourth Inning
Oklahoma City - The Oklahoma City Dodgers built an early lead, then added eight more runs in the fourth inning, on the way to a 13-3 win Thursday night against the Nashville Sounds as the Dodgers continued their 2018 success at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The win in the first meeting of the season between the teams boosted Oklahoma City's league-leading home record to 18-3. The Dodgers returned home Thursday to open a four-game series against the Sounds after dropping three straight road games in Colorado Springs.
Oklahoma City (25-12) built a 3-0 lead in the second inning and led, 11-2, after four innings as the Dodgers went on to tally their second-highest run total of the season.
Tim Locastro drove in a season-high four runs, going 2-for-4 with a double, homer and two runs scored. His four-RBI night marked his highest single-game total since also collecting four RBI May 3, 2016 while with High-A Rancho Cucamonga against Bakersfield.
Travis Taijeron and Breyvic Valera each finished the night with a game-high three hits as seven Dodgers posted multi-hit games. Kyle Farmer and Taijeron each collected three RBI in the game as well.
The Dodgers took the lead in the first inning when a RBI groundout by Alex Verdugo and RBI single by Farmer put the Dodgers in front, 2-0. Locastro hit a double down the left-field line to bring home Jacob Scavuzzo for a 3-0 Dodgers lead in the second inning.
Nashville (20-19) loaded the bases in the fourth inning and B.J. Boyd hit a two-run single to cut OKC's lead to 3-2.
Kyle Garlick drew a walk, stole second base and came around to score on a RBI single by Taijeron to extend OKC's lead to 4-2 in the fourth inning.
Locastro belted a three-run homer into the Sounds' bullpen in right-center field for a 7-2 Dodgers lead in the fourth inning. The home run was his second of the season with Oklahoma City.
A RBI single by Verdugo, two-run double by Farmer and RBI double by Taijeron pushed OKC's lead to 11-2 in the fourth inning.
Taijeron's RBI single in the sixth inning put the Dodgers ahead, 12-2.
Dustin Garneau hit a solo homer in the eighth inning for the Sounds to cut Oklahoma City's lead to 12-3.
Garlick's RBI double in the eighth inning extended the Dodgers' lead to 13-3.
Oklahoma City outhit the Sounds, 17-7, in the game and matched its season high with five doubles.
Dodgers reliever Joe Broussard (2-0) pitched two perfect innings with two strikeouts to earn his second win of the season.
Nashville starting pitcher Chris Bassitt (1-2) was charged with the loss for the Sounds, allowing seven runs and seven hits with three walks and two strikeouts over 3.1 innings.
The Dodgers continue their four-game series against the Nashville Sounds at 7:05 p.m. Friday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark on Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night. Fireworks are scheduled to follow the game, presented by Oklahoma Blood Institute.
Live coverage begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com, or through the free iHeartRadio mobile app.
Tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 18, 2018
- Aces Set Franchise Record Friday Night - Reno Aces
- Late Rally Falls Short in Loss to Aces - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Even Series with 8-4 Win Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Chases Storm, Falls Short in the Ninth - Iowa Cubs
- Chasers' Bats Awaken in 8-6 Victory - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Fall to River Cats - Salt Lake Bees
- Mac and Slater go back-to-back, lead River Cats to 7-3 win - Sacramento River Cats
- Martini Homers Twice as Sounds Even Series with Dodgers - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox May 18 Game Postponed Due to Wet Grounds from Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds, Sky Sox Postponed Friday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Rain Postpones Express, Baby Cakes on Friday Night - Round Rock Express
- Friday's Baby Cakes Game Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chasers Homestand Highlights: May 21-29 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Construction to Begin on Chukchansi Park Left Field Project - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (20-19) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (25-12) - Nashville Sounds
- Salt Lake Bees to Hold 12th Annual 'Pack the Park Pink' Night - Salt Lake Bees
- "Heroes Get Remembered But Legends Never Die", Chihuahuas Unveil "The Sandlot" Jersey and Theme Night - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 18, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-18) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (25-13) - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Garner Business Excellence Honors - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Drop Series Opener To Las Vegas, 8-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Salt Lake Wins Shootout, 12-11 - Salt Lake Bees
- Sky Sox Rally Late to Defeat Redbirds in Series Opener - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats drop a wild one in Salt Lake - Sacramento River Cats
- Davis, Fresno Top Chihuahuas 9-7 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- J.D. Davis hits for the cycle as Grizzlies beat Chihuahuas 9-7 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Pitching, Defense Falter Late in Loss - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Begins Road Trip on Wrong Foot - Reno Aces
- Dodgers Stifle Sounds with Eight-Run Fourth Inning - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Cubs Outlast Chasers in 11, 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.