Devils Sign Joe Morrow to Two-Way Contract
BINGHAMTON - The New Jersey Devils announced that the club has signed defenseman Joe Morrow to a one-year, two-way contract. The announcement was made by Devils' Executive Vice President/General Manager Ray Shero. Morrow was placed on waivers today, with the intention of sending him to Binghamton if he clears waivers tomorrow at 12:00 p.m.
Morrow, 26, spent last season with the Winnipeg Jets, scoring one goal and six assists for seven points in 41 games. During the 2017-18 campaign, he recorded six goals and 10 assists for 16 points and 26 penalty minutes with Montreal and Winnipeg. He also appeared in six Stanley Cup Playoff games.
The left-shooting defenseman has played 162 career regular-season National Hockey League contests with Boston, Montreal and Winnipeg and has nine goals and 23 assists for 32 points and 62 penalty minutes.
In addition, the Edmonton, Alta., native has played in 158 career American Hockey League games, with Wilkes-Barre, Texas and Providence, recording 15 goals and 46 assists for 61 points with 83 penalty minutes.
The Devils return home Saturday, October 19 as they host the Hartford Wolf Pack at 7:05 p.m. College students can get $10 tickets and your choice of a free drink or slider at Craft! Tickets are available by calling or texting "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Download the FREE Binghamton Devils mobile app for Apple and Android. Get live score updates and breaking news notifications right to your phone!
Images from this story
Defenseman Joe Morrow with the Winnipeg Jets
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2019
- P-Bruins Top Hershey Bears in Overtime, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Wild Sink Admirals Sunday Afternoon in 5-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- Nastasiuk Leads Comeback Win over Roadrunners - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Record Standings Point in Overtime Loss to Bruins - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Fall to Wild in Season Opener - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers Get Point in OT Loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Offense Can't Overcome Defending Champion Checkers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Snag First Win on Road in Springfield - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Sign Joe Morrow to Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Defender Martin Fehervary Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Bruins, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- Kempe Lifts Reign in Overtime - Ontario Reign
- Condors Claw Back for a Point with Third Period Comeback - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Grab First Win, 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Colorado's Rally Falls Short in 4-2 Loss to Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Zagidulin Strong as Heat Close out Opening Weekend Sweep - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Devils Stories
- Binghamton Devils Re-Sign Ryan Schmelzer to AHL Contract
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Street Named Devils' 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Devils, Americans, Comets, and Crunch to Host Blood Drives
- AHL Suspends Season - Statement from the Binghamton Devils