Defender Martin Fehervary Assigned to Bears
(Hershey, PA) - The Washington Capitals announced today that defenseman Martin Fehervary has been re-assigned to the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Fehervary, 20, made his NHL debut for the Capitals on Oct. 2, playing 13:34 and registering two penalty minutes in Washington's 3-2 overtime win at St. Louis. Only 19 at the time, Fehervary became just the 10th defenseman in Capitals team history to make his debut as a teenager. He has appeared in all three of Washington's contests this season.
A native of Bratislava, Slovakia, Fehervary was a 2nd round selection, 46th overall, by the Capitals in the 2018 NHL Draft. He skated with HV71 of the SHL last season, collecting seven points (one goal, six assists). He also served as the captain for Slovakia's World Junior Championship team, finishing with five points (one goal, four assists) in five games.
Fehervary will wear #42 for Hershey.
The Bears are in action tonight at the Giant Center at 5 p.m. versus the Providence Bruins. It's Hersheypark Pass Night as all fans will receive a one-day pass to Hersheypark valid through Jul. 31, 2020. Tickets are available and further information may be found at HersheyBears.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2019
- P-Bruins Top Hershey Bears in Overtime, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Wild Sink Admirals Sunday Afternoon in 5-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- Nastasiuk Leads Comeback Win over Roadrunners - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Record Standings Point in Overtime Loss to Bruins - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Fall to Wild in Season Opener - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers Get Point in OT Loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Offense Can't Overcome Defending Champion Checkers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Snag First Win on Road in Springfield - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Sign Joe Morrow to Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Defender Martin Fehervary Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Bruins, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- Kempe Lifts Reign in Overtime - Ontario Reign
- Condors Claw Back for a Point with Third Period Comeback - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Grab First Win, 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Colorado's Rally Falls Short in 4-2 Loss to Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Zagidulin Strong as Heat Close out Opening Weekend Sweep - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.