Delano Breaks RBI Record, Rox Fall in Game One of Playoffs to Willmar
St. Cloud, MN- Garett Delano (Brown) broke the Rox single-season record for RBIs with 52, but St. Cloud dropped game one of the playoff series to Willmar by a score of 4-1. Game two will be on Tuesday at Bill Taunton Stadium with a 7:05 p.m. first pitch time.
After the Stingers went ahead 1-0, the Rox responded in the bottom of the fourth inning. Ben Carew (Kent State) led off with a single to center field. Jordan Barth (Augustana) drew a walk to put two runners on base. Following a double steal, Delano grounded out to the right side of the infield and scored Carew to tie the game.
Trevor Koenig (St. Cloud State) started the game and tossed 6.0 innings, striking out three batters. Max Rippl (Kent State) pitched the seventh inning and Blake Stelzer (Concordia-St. Paul) hurled the final two innings.
For the box score from game one of the series against Willmar, click here.
If the Rox win game two on Tuesday, the final game of the series will be played on Wednesday at 7:05 p.m. at Joe Faber Field.
All single games tickets can be purchased in person at the Rox Ticket Office located at the Municipal Athletic Complex, by calling the Rox Ticket office at 320-240-9798 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday or 24 hours a day by visiting www.stcloudrox.com.
Images from this story
St. Cloud Rox pitcher Trevor Koenig
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Express Claim Great Plains East Subdivision Championship - Eau Claire Express
- St. Cloud Battles with Willmar, Falls to Stingers in the Playoffs - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Sweep St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- 10th Anniversary Season Wraps up in Madison - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Blanked 7-0 by Express, Concluding 2019 Campaign - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Explosive Offense and Strong Pitching Eliminates Rafters - Madison Mallards
- Growlers Season Ends on Walk-Off by Pit Spitters - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Pit Spitters Advance to Division Championship on Walk-Off - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Loggers Wrap up Winning Season with 37-35 Record - La Crosse Loggers
- Rafters Travel to Madison for Must-Win Game Two - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Put Rafters on Verge of Elimination - Madison Mallards
- Green Bay Season Recap - Green Bay Booyah
- Phillips Homers in 2-1 Subdivisional-Opening Bucks Loss - Waterloo Bucks
- Delano Breaks RBI Record, Rox Fall in Game One of Playoffs to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Roll Rafters 9-2 to Open Playoffs - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.