Bucks Blanked 7-0 by Express, Concluding 2019 Campaign
The Waterloo Bucks' 2019 season came to an end in Game Two of the Great Plains-East Subdivisional Series Tuesday in Eau Claire, falling 7-0 at the hands of the Express. Unable to overcome a six-run first, Waterloo managed just two hits in the loss.
Ethan Copeland (1-2, BB) and Mike Nyisztor (1-4) were the lone Bucks with base hits.
Just as they had throughout the summer, Waterloo's bullpen pinned down the opposition following the disastrous opening frame. Alec Holcomb tossed 2.1 innings, allowing one unearned run on a walk and three strikeouts. All-Star Jimmy Smiley dealt 4.0 scoreless of three-hit ball, walking one and striking out one. Peyton Fuller worked around a leadoff single in a shutout frame with a pair of punchouts.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Express Claim Great Plains East Subdivision Championship - Eau Claire Express
- St. Cloud Battles with Willmar, Falls to Stingers in the Playoffs - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Sweep St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- 10th Anniversary Season Wraps up in Madison - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Blanked 7-0 by Express, Concluding 2019 Campaign - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Explosive Offense and Strong Pitching Eliminates Rafters - Madison Mallards
- Growlers Season Ends on Walk-Off by Pit Spitters - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Pit Spitters Advance to Division Championship on Walk-Off - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Loggers Wrap up Winning Season with 37-35 Record - La Crosse Loggers
- Rafters Travel to Madison for Must-Win Game Two - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Put Rafters on Verge of Elimination - Madison Mallards
- Green Bay Season Recap - Green Bay Booyah
- Phillips Homers in 2-1 Subdivisional-Opening Bucks Loss - Waterloo Bucks
- Delano Breaks RBI Record, Rox Fall in Game One of Playoffs to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Roll Rafters 9-2 to Open Playoffs - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.