Green Bay Season Recap
Ashwaubenon, WI - With the 2019 Northwoods League Seasons officially coming to a close on Sunday night, the Green Bay Booyah finished at 18-18 in the second half. In the process of finishing at .500 in the second half, Green Bay completed a half at .500 or better for the first time since 2015.
During the course of the season, Booyah fans got the chance to see many memorable moments at Capital Credit Union Park. In the inaugural season, left hander Jack Mahoney threw the first ever no hitter in Green Bay franchise history on July 5th. The Appleton West product was the only player during the 2019 season for the Booyah to make the Northwoods League postseason team. Mahoney finished with a 3-2 overall record and a 1.84 ERA.
On the offensive side, Cooper Morrison led Green Bay in offense this season with a .326 batting average. Morrison picked up 15 RBIs in 2019, with 23 walks compared to just 13 strikeouts, and ended the season as the only active Booyah player above .300. Green Bay's returning catcher Blaise Maris hit .252 in 2019 with four home runs and 23 RBIs. The soon to be senior at Florida Tech played in 67 games this year, tied with Nick Kreutzer for most on the team and one more than he had in 2018. For Kreutzer, he led the Booyah in home runs with eight, and finished the season with a team high 35 runs driven in.
On the year, Green Bay walked off at home on four separate occasions, including a two-run walk off home run from Joe Mason on July 12th against Lakeshore. Mason put on a show on the 12th, cracking three home runs on the night and racking up six RBIs. In total, Mason tied Kreutzer with eight home runs and hit at .306 on the season.
The first walk off of the season was on June 4th during the third home game. In a 1-1 ball game in the bottom of the 10th, Mike Ruggiero, a sophomore at Wagner, bounced a ball along the infield to score Mike Ferri from third, and sent the Booyah players into a frenzy.
On the mound, Marian pitcher Garrett Martin led the Booyah in wins with four. Martin's four wins came with a 3.43 ERA and 42 strikeouts compared to just 20 walks. Dalton Wiggins led the team in ERA with a 1.61 in 44.2 total innings pitched. Wiggins finished the season with a 2-1 overall record, and 31 strikeouts.
The Booyah players embedded themselves in the community during their limited free time, working with the Green Bay staff to build relationships. Everyone from the Green Bay family is thankful for the fans who came out to games this summer and helped make our first season in Capital Credit Union Park one to remember!
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Green Bay Booyah celebrate a walk-off win
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Express Claim Great Plains East Subdivision Championship - Eau Claire Express
- St. Cloud Battles with Willmar, Falls to Stingers in the Playoffs - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Sweep St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- 10th Anniversary Season Wraps up in Madison - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Blanked 7-0 by Express, Concluding 2019 Campaign - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Explosive Offense and Strong Pitching Eliminates Rafters - Madison Mallards
- Growlers Season Ends on Walk-Off by Pit Spitters - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Pit Spitters Advance to Division Championship on Walk-Off - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Loggers Wrap up Winning Season with 37-35 Record - La Crosse Loggers
- Rafters Travel to Madison for Must-Win Game Two - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Put Rafters on Verge of Elimination - Madison Mallards
- Green Bay Season Recap - Green Bay Booyah
- Phillips Homers in 2-1 Subdivisional-Opening Bucks Loss - Waterloo Bucks
- Delano Breaks RBI Record, Rox Fall in Game One of Playoffs to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Roll Rafters 9-2 to Open Playoffs - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah to Hold First Winter Warmup Event on January 9th
- Booyah Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule
- Booyah Bring Back Six Players from 2019
- Tom Carty Inks Contract for Second Season
- Booyah & Voyageurs Announce Ticket Package Pricing and Renewal Information for 2020 Season