Rafters Travel to Madison for Must-Win Game Two
Madison, Wis. - Looking to keep their season alive, the Great Lakes West Division second-half champions Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (0-1) take on the Madison Mallards (1-0) in game two of a best-of-three playoff series.
In game one, the Rafters played tough with the Mallards and took a 1-1 tie into the seventh inning. A big seventh for Madison put them on top and they hung on to win 9-2. Cal Djuraskovic gave up just one run over 5.1 innings as the starter and Hayden Petrovick gets the loss in relief.
Gareth Stroh is expected to start for Wisconsin Rapids, leading the team with a 7-1 record this season. The lefty from Nebraska has a 1.60 ERA and 57 strikeouts through 10 starts. The Rafters can force a winner-take-all game three at Historic Witter Field Wednesday with a win tonight.
The Rafters finished the regular season with the second-best overall record in the league at 46-26. Wisconsin Rapids closed the regular season with a sweep of the Lakeshore Chinooks to win the Great Lakes West Division in the second half.
As the Rafters gear up for a late-season run, you can experience the postseason action firsthand. For more information on playoff ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or visit historic Witter Field. The Rafters ticket office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Express Claim Great Plains East Subdivision Championship - Eau Claire Express
- St. Cloud Battles with Willmar, Falls to Stingers in the Playoffs - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Sweep St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- 10th Anniversary Season Wraps up in Madison - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Blanked 7-0 by Express, Concluding 2019 Campaign - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Explosive Offense and Strong Pitching Eliminates Rafters - Madison Mallards
- Growlers Season Ends on Walk-Off by Pit Spitters - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Pit Spitters Advance to Division Championship on Walk-Off - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Loggers Wrap up Winning Season with 37-35 Record - La Crosse Loggers
- Rafters Travel to Madison for Must-Win Game Two - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Put Rafters on Verge of Elimination - Madison Mallards
- Green Bay Season Recap - Green Bay Booyah
- Phillips Homers in 2-1 Subdivisional-Opening Bucks Loss - Waterloo Bucks
- Delano Breaks RBI Record, Rox Fall in Game One of Playoffs to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Roll Rafters 9-2 to Open Playoffs - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Stories
- Rafters Add a Pair of Davidson Wildcats to 2020 Roster
- Rafters Reach Extension Agreement for Lease at Witter Field
- Rafters Welcome Two Dixie State Pitchers
- Rafters to Hold Meet and Greet Introducing New Owners
- Rafters Announce the 7th Annual Skyward Central Wisconsin Teacher of the Year