Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Saturday
Saturday, August 17, 2019 l Game # 54 (124)
Cooley Law School Stadium l Lansing, Mich. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (22-31, 50-73) at Lansing Lugnuts (28-25, 60-62)
RH Eduardo Salazar (5-3, 4.52) vs. RH Cobi Johnson (2-6, 4.39)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lansing Lugnuts (affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays) in the first game of a four-game series.
Last Game: Friday: Bowling Green 5, Dayton 1. The Hot Rods won two-of-three in the series, taking the second and third games by the identical score. Chris Betts hit a three-run home run in the sixth inning as Bowling Green turned a 1-0 advantage into a 5-0 lead with four runs in the inning. The Dragons only run came on a run-scoring single by Miles Gordon. The Dragons scored just two runs in the 27 innings of the series that did not begin with a free runner at second base.
Morgan Lofstrom over his last eight games is batting .360 with one home run and seven runs batted in.
Matt Pidich over his last 26 games: 1.39 ERA, 45.1 IP, 29 H, 15 R, 7 ER, 14 BB, 50 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Sunday, August 18 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (2-13, 5.08) at Lansing RH Sean Wymer (7-11, 5.75)
Monday, August 19 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Adrian Rodriguez (5-2, 3.67) at Lansing RH Fitz Stadler (4-6, 4.84)
Tuesday, August 20 (12:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (2-9, 4.54) at Lansing RH Troy Watson (6-4, 3.32)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 17, 2019
- Whitecaps Walk Away in Defeat - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Picantes Take Opener at West Michigan - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Unable to Exterminate Bees As Comeback Falls Short - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Shut Down Lugnuts, 6-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chiefs Fall 9-2 Saturday - Peoria Chiefs
- Sellout Crowd Sees Comeback Fall Short - Great Lakes Loons
- Rattlers Batter Peoria 9-2 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Andrews Shines in 4-2 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars' Division Lead Shrinks in Loss to Clinton - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Hold on and Top Loons 4-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Newcomers Stubbs and Bellozo Play Large Part in 4-1 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Drop Series Opener to TinCaps, 3-2 on Saturday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Salazar, Demurias Combine on Five-Hit Shutout in 6-0 Dragons Win - Dayton Dragons
- Steer's Solo Shot Not Enough Saturday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Sellout Crowd Spurs TinCaps to Comeback Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 17 vs. Bowling Green (Game 122) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- LaMonte Wade, Jr. joins Kernels on MLB rehab assignment - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Scolamiero Homers for Only Captains Run in 8-1 Loss - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Special 50/50 Raffle to Benefit COVID-19 Response Fund & African-American Community Fund
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen