Dayton Dragons GameDay for May 6
Thursday, May 6, 2021 l Game # 3
Dow Diamond l Midland, Mich. l 6:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (2-0) at Great Lakes Loons (0-2)
RH Noah Davis vs. RH Juan Morillo
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the third game of the 2021 season for both teams. This is the third game of a six-game series.
Last Game: Wednesday: Dayton 4, Great Lakes 0. Brian Rey hit a three-run home run and four Dragons pitchers combined on a two-hit shutout. Dayton starter Eduardo Salazar tossed five innings to earn the win, allowing hits in the fourth and fifth innings. Three Dragons relievers combined to shut down the Loons over the final four innings without a hit. Rey went 2 for 4 to lead a seven-hit Dayton attack.
The Dragons have outscored their opponents 13-4 this season and have not trailed at any point during a game.
Dragons pitchers have allowed only five base hits in 18 innings this season and have not allowed more than one hit in any inning. Dragons opponents have gone a combined 2 for 18 with runners in scoring position.
Dragons starting pitchers have not allowed a run on the year covering eight innings.
The Dragons have committed only one error on the year and have not allowed an unearned run.
The Dragons lead the league in these categories after two games: team batting average (.294); home runs (3); hits (20); total bases (33); on-base percentage (.422). They are second in runs scored (13), one behind Cedar Rapids.
Quincy McAfee is second in the Central League in OPS (1.167), tied for fourth in batting average (.500), tied for second in slugging percentage (1.000) and RBI (4), and tied for third in total bases (6).
The Dragons roster is headlined by Reds top-10 prospect Michael Siani, a center fielder who spent the entire 2019 season with the Dragons when the club was classified as Low-A. Siani moves up a level on the Reds developmental ladder in 2021 (the 2020 season was canceled) and with the Dragons move up to the High-A classification, Siani returns to Dayton. Siani is listed by Baseball America as the "Best Athlete" and "Best Defensive Outfielder" in the Reds organization. He is ranked as the Reds 10th best prospect overall.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Fri., May 7 (6:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Graham Ashcraft at Great Lakes RH Clayton Beeter
Sat., May 8 (6:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Ricky Salinas at Great Lakes RH Logan Boyer
Sun., May 9 (1:05 p.m.) Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-0, 0.00) at Great Lakes RH Bobby Miller (0-0, 0.00)
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from May 6, 2021
- The South Bend Cubs and Jordan Automotive Present Teacher Appreciation Night - South Bend Cubs
- South Bend Suffers Their First Loss of 2021 9-8 - South Bend Cubs
- Scott Collects Three Hits, Leads Charge In First Snappers Win of 2021 - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Lose 1-0 in Rain-Shortened Game - Dayton Dragons
- Espinoza Electrifies in Return - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Chiefs Pick up First Win of the Season over Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- TinCaps Game Information - May 6, 2021 vs. West Michigan Whitecaps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay for May 6 - Dayton Dragons
- Brendan Donovan Promoted to St. Louis Cardinals Top 30 Prospect List - Peoria Chiefs
- Allen, Valera Power Captains to First Win of 2021 - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps Fall Short in Fort Wayne - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Big Third Inning Pushes Rattlers by Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cedar Rapids Rallies for 7-6 Walk-Off Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cubs Spoil Lacy's Much Anticipated Debut in 4-3 Win - South Bend Cubs
- Timely Hits Remain Elusive as Bandits Drop Second Straight - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Walk-Off Hit Lifts Kernels over Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.