Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Patrik Nemeth from Texas Stars
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced today that Dallas has recalled defenseman Patrik Nemeth from loan with Texas.
Nemeth, 22, has posted 10 points (3 goals, 7 assists) and a team leading +19 plus/minus rating in 37 games played for Texas this season. The native of Stockholm, Sweden is in his second North American professional hockey season, where he has earned 22 points (4 goals, 18 assists) in 84 career AHL contests. Since returning to the lineup following a two-month injury stint on February 15th, Nemeth has posted eight points (3 goals, 5 assists) and a +13 rating in 17 games played. The 6-foot-3, 235-pound defenseman was drafted by Dallas in the second round (41st overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft and was signed to a three-year, entry-level contract on April 21, 2011.
The Dallas Stars return to the ice on Tuesday, April 1st for a 6:00 p.m. CT game against the Washington Capitals at Verizon Center.
The Texas Stars will continue their home stand as they face the Lake Erie Monsters on Friday, April 4th for a 7:30 p.m. face off at Cedar Park Center. Friday's game is Mike Modano night, including a pre-game ceremony and Signature Edition Rally Towel giveaway. It is also Toby Petersen Mini-Bobblehead night, as well as a $3 Beer and $4 Robert Mondavi Private Selection Wine Night. Pro-rated full and partial 2013-14 Texas Stars Season Tickets are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 31, 2014
- Coaching Milestone and Playoff Chase Make Some Noise - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Announce Playoff Tickets on Sale April 1st - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Sign Collin Valcourt - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Release Lyon and Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- Klimchuk Assigned to Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Blue Jackets Reassign Austin Madaisky From Springfield To Evansville - Springfield Falcons
- Right Wing Joel Vermin Joins Crunch, Geoff Walker Assigned to Florida - Syracuse Crunch
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Continue Nine-Game Road Trip - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bulldogs Sign Forwards Connor Crisp, Brady Vail - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks To Honor One Fan As "7th Man Fan Of The Year" - Rochester Americans
- Heat Sign Zach Tolkinen - Abbotsford Heat
- Paterson Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivalry Weekend Goes Rockford's Way - Rockford IceHogs
- Pittsburgh Assigns Hartzell to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Charlotte's John Muse Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Sound Tigers Sign Harris to ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Shinnimin, Teammates, and Matching Donors Raise $4,685 for Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center - Portland Pirates
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Patrik Nemeth from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Ottawa Recalls Pageau on Emergency Basis - Binghamton Senators
- Bears Complete Perfect Home Stand, Pull One Point Out of Eighth - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.