Pittsburgh Assigns Hartzell to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that goaltender Eric Hartzell has been assigned by the Pittsburgh Penguins to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton from the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL). In addition, forward Denver Manderson has been returned on loan to Wheeling.
Hartzell, 24, has won five straight starts for the Nailers to lift his ECHL record to 8-4-1 with a 2.91 GAA and a .905 save percentage. The rookie netminder has gone 10-7-1 this year for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton with a 2.30 goals against average, a .908 save percentage and three shutouts.
In four seasons at Quinnipiac University, the native of White Bear, Minnesota posted a career record of 58-27-17 with a 1.96 goals-against average, .924 save percentage and 10 shutouts in 106 games.
Manderson has recorded two goals, nine assists and four penalty minutes in 36 games with the Penguins. A 24-yeard old from Fergus, Ontario, Manderson has compiled 23 points (9g-14a) and six PIM for the Nailers over 21 games this season.
During his first professional season in 2011-12, Manderson finished tied for fourth on Wheeling with 40 points (18g-22a) in 52 games.
The Penguins are off until Friday night, when they will host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 7:05pm.
Good seats for all remaining Penguins home games are available at the Mohegan Sun Arena box office, online at TicketMaster.com, or by calling 800-745-3000. Group rates, flex books and mini-plans are available directly from the Penguins ticket office by calling 570-208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 31, 2014
- Coaching Milestone and Playoff Chase Make Some Noise - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Announce Playoff Tickets on Sale April 1st - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Sign Collin Valcourt - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Release Lyon and Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- Klimchuk Assigned to Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Blue Jackets Reassign Austin Madaisky From Springfield To Evansville - Springfield Falcons
- Right Wing Joel Vermin Joins Crunch, Geoff Walker Assigned to Florida - Syracuse Crunch
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Continue Nine-Game Road Trip - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bulldogs Sign Forwards Connor Crisp, Brady Vail - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks To Honor One Fan As "7th Man Fan Of The Year" - Rochester Americans
- Heat Sign Zach Tolkinen - Abbotsford Heat
- Paterson Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivalry Weekend Goes Rockford's Way - Rockford IceHogs
- Pittsburgh Assigns Hartzell to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Charlotte's John Muse Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Sound Tigers Sign Harris to ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Shinnimin, Teammates, and Matching Donors Raise $4,685 for Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center - Portland Pirates
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Patrik Nemeth from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Ottawa Recalls Pageau on Emergency Basis - Binghamton Senators
- Bears Complete Perfect Home Stand, Pull One Point Out of Eighth - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.