WEEK IN REVIEW
Wed., Mar. 26 SYR 3 vs STJ 2
Artem Sergeev's shorthanded goal with a little over two and a half minutes remaining gave the Crunch the win over the IceCaps at the Oncenter War Memorial Arena in Syracuse. John Albert, with his 20th, and Ben Chiarot, scored for the IceCaps who led 2-0.
Fri., Mar. 28 BNG 2 vs STJ 1
Despite a stellar effort from goaltender Tyler Beskorowany, St. John's fell to the East Division-leading Senators at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton, NY. Beskorowany made 38 saves but it wasn't enough as the Senators scored twice in the third to record the comeback victory. Jason Jaffray scored the lone goal for St. John's.
Sat., Mar. 29 HER 2 vs STJ1 (SO)
Tyler Beskorowany was sterling once again in the IceCaps goal but was unrewarded as St. John's lost in a shootout to the Bears at the Giant Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania.The shootout went a staggering 12 rounds before Tyson Strachan finally sealed the victory for the Bears. Kyle MacKinnon had the lone goal for St. John's.
In 'The Show": Of players who have skated in at least one game with the IceCaps this season, Adam Pardy leads the way with 53 games with the parent Winnipeg Jets. Eric O'Dell is next with 23 games with the big club, followed by Paul Postma (13), John Albert (nine), Partrice Cormier (seven), Zach Redmond (three), Julian Melchiori and Ben Chiarot (one each). Carl Klingberg and Michael Hutchinson have been recalled by the Jets this season but have not seen game action.
Playoffs?: The magic number for the IceCaps to clinch a playoff spot now stands at six. That number is based on points St. John's needs over its remaining eight regular-season games, added to points that aren't earned by the ninth-place team in the AHL's Eastern Conference, which currently is the Hershey Bears.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 31, 2014
- Coaching Milestone and Playoff Chase Make Some Noise - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Announce Playoff Tickets on Sale April 1st - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Sign Collin Valcourt - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Release Lyon and Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- Klimchuk Assigned to Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Blue Jackets Reassign Austin Madaisky From Springfield To Evansville - Springfield Falcons
- Right Wing Joel Vermin Joins Crunch, Geoff Walker Assigned to Florida - Syracuse Crunch
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Continue Nine-Game Road Trip - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bulldogs Sign Forwards Connor Crisp, Brady Vail - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks To Honor One Fan As "7th Man Fan Of The Year" - Rochester Americans
- Heat Sign Zach Tolkinen - Abbotsford Heat
- Paterson Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivalry Weekend Goes Rockford's Way - Rockford IceHogs
- Pittsburgh Assigns Hartzell to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Charlotte's John Muse Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Sound Tigers Sign Harris to ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Shinnimin, Teammates, and Matching Donors Raise $4,685 for Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center - Portland Pirates
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Patrik Nemeth from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Ottawa Recalls Pageau on Emergency Basis - Binghamton Senators
- Bears Complete Perfect Home Stand, Pull One Point Out of Eighth - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.