San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Tuesday, April 1 vs Lake Erie Monsters
AT&T Center, 7:00 p.m.
The Rampage and the Monsters play the third game in the four-game season series on Tuesday night, which is also an All You Can Eat Night at the AT&T Center. San Antonio is 2-0-0-0 against Lake Erie so far this season, and Tuesday will mark the first time the teams meet at the AT&T Center this year. Joey Crabb leads the Rampage with two goals and an assist in the first two contests against the Monsters. Friday, April 4 vs Charlotte Checkers
AT&T Center, 7:30 p.m.
San Antonio wraps up the season series with the Checkers on Friday night, also a Dollar Drink Night. The Rampage are 2-4-0-1 against Charlotte this season, including a 1-1-0-1 record at the AT&T Center. San Antonio topped Charlotte 4-2 in the last meeting between the teams as Bobby Butler recorded the first four-point game of the season for the Rampage.
Saturday, April 5 vs Lake Erie Monsters
AT&T Center, 7 p.m.
The Silver and Black play the Monsters for the last time this season on Saturday night, which will also be a Dollar Dog Night. Lake Erie will head up to Cedar Park to take on the Texas Stars Friday before heading back to the AT&T Center for this Saturday night matchup.
SHOTS FROM THE POINT
WEEK IN REVIEW: The Rampage wrapped up a five-game road trip at Oklahoma City on Tuesday night. Anthony Luciani scored the lone goal in a 2-1 loss. San Antonio returned home for a Friday/Sunday weekend series against the Hamilton Bulldogs. The Rampage fell 6-3 on Friday night and 4-3 on Sunday. Michael Houser tied a career high with 44 saves on Friday night.
MILESTONES REACHED: Mike Mottau recorded his 300th AHL point with the primary assist on Matt Gilroy's power play goal on Sunday. John Lee played in his 100th Pro/AHL game and Garrett Wilson played in his 100th AHL game.
The Rampage continue to have success in Sunrise, Fla. Vincent Trocheck has now tallied three goals and four points in 13 games with the Panthers, while Quinton Howden has three goals and an assist in nine games. Forward Joey Crabb and defenseman Ryan Whitney were reassigned to San Antonio on March 26. Crabb tallied his first goal since his return in the Rampage's 4-3 loss to Hamilton on Sunday evening.
ICE CHIPS: Wade Megan - Rampage Center
With the secondary assist on Matt Gilroy's power play goal Sunday evening against the Hamilton Bulldogs, Wade Megan extended his point streak to three games. Megan now has four goals and two assists in his last five games with three goals and an assist coming in that three-game streak. Megan started the season with the club's ECHL affiliate, the Cincinnati Cyclones where he tallied 13 goals and seven assists in 16 games. He was recalled to San Antonio on December 19 and has 11 goals and five assists in 37 games with the Rampage.
FACE OFF AGAINST KIDS CANCER FINALE
Saturday, April 5
The Face Off Against Kids Cancer program will culminate its 2013-14 season efforts on April 5 as the Rampage host the Lake Erie Monsters at 7 p.m. at the AT&T Center. The Rampage will wear a Face Off Against Kids Cancer decal on their helmets for the game and the families in the program will be recognized on the ice prior to the game. It will also be Scout Night at the AT&T Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 31, 2014
- Coaching Milestone and Playoff Chase Make Some Noise - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Announce Playoff Tickets on Sale April 1st - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Sign Collin Valcourt - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Release Lyon and Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- Klimchuk Assigned to Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Blue Jackets Reassign Austin Madaisky From Springfield To Evansville - Springfield Falcons
- Right Wing Joel Vermin Joins Crunch, Geoff Walker Assigned to Florida - Syracuse Crunch
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Continue Nine-Game Road Trip - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bulldogs Sign Forwards Connor Crisp, Brady Vail - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks To Honor One Fan As "7th Man Fan Of The Year" - Rochester Americans
- Heat Sign Zach Tolkinen - Abbotsford Heat
- Paterson Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivalry Weekend Goes Rockford's Way - Rockford IceHogs
- Pittsburgh Assigns Hartzell to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Charlotte's John Muse Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Sound Tigers Sign Harris to ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Shinnimin, Teammates, and Matching Donors Raise $4,685 for Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center - Portland Pirates
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Patrik Nemeth from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Ottawa Recalls Pageau on Emergency Basis - Binghamton Senators
- Bears Complete Perfect Home Stand, Pull One Point Out of Eighth - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids