Dallas Recalls Reilly Smith from Texas
CEDAR PARK, TX - The Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced today that Dallas has recalled rookie left wing Reilly Smith from Texas.
Smith, 21, returned to Texas on Thursday and had the primary assists on both Stars goals in a 2-1 win at Houston on Friday night, helping the Stars regain the top spot in the AHL. The Toronto, Ontario native has 27 points (11 goals, 16 points) in 38 AHL games for the Stars this year, ranking second on the team in assists and points. Drafted by Dallas in the third round (69th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Smith has played in nine career NHL games, including six this year, all for the Stars. He rejoins Dallas for the second time this season and is currently on a four-game assist and point streak with Texas, tallying six points (1 goal, 5 assists) during that span.
The Texas Stars return home on Tuesday, February 5th, for another H-E-B Night as they host the Rockford IceHogs for a 7:30 p.m. faceoff at Cedar Park Center. As part of H-E-B Night, fans may bring any H-E-B brand non-perishable food item for $5 off the gate price of a ticket on February 5th. Pro-rated full and partial 2012-13 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 2, 2013
- Cundari Powers Rivermen Past Wolves - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Struggle against Amerks - Syracuse Crunch
- Brock Nelson's first pro hat trick propels Sound Tigers to 4-1 victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons edge Connecticut - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Struggles against Peoria Continue, Fall 5-3 - Chicago Wolves
- Petr Mrazek Earns First Pro Shutout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Shut Out 1-0 in Grand Rapids - Abbotsford Heat
- Hershey Leaves Bitter Taste with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Grind out Goalie-Duel Win - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Fall Short 2-0 in Front of 7,966 - Worcester Sharks
- Penguins Down Phantoms for Fifth Straight Home Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Quiet Whale - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Draw Second-Largest Crowd in Franchise History - Connecticut Whale
- Sound Tigers Claw Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Devils Shut out by Pirates - Albany Devils
- Bears Fire Away, Defeat Monarchs - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Extend Streak to Five - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Blank Senators to Sweep Series - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Fall to IceCaps, 1-0 - Binghamton Senators
- Toronto Downs Hamilton 4-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Marlies Defeat Bulldogs 4-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Dallas Recalls Reilly Smith from Texas - Texas Stars
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Connecticut, Game #44 - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Recall Reiter - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.