Devils Shut out by Pirates
PORTLAND, ME -- Jeff Frazee turned aside 27 shots, but the Albany Devils went without a goal, falling 2-0 Saturday against the Portland Pirates at Cumberland County Civic Center.
Appearing in his 15th contest, Frazee made seven saves in the first, 12 in the second and eight in the third. His performance improved his season-long goals-against average to 2.44 and his save percentage to .910.
With 22 saves, Portland's Mark Visentin earned his 10th victory and his second shutout. Providing offensive support, Chris Conner scored at 1:22 of the second period and Ethan Werek, who set up Conner's tally, found the back of the net at 7:25 of the third.
The Devils best opportunity to spoil Visentin's shutout came early in the third period. Corbin McPherson led an offensive rush and found Mike Sislo skating down the right side. He pulled up at the half wall and hit a cutting Phil DeSimone. After a shot, the rebound sat in the crease, but was cleared away before Harri Pesonen or Sislo could get their sticks on the puck.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 2, 2013
- Cundari Powers Rivermen Past Wolves - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Struggle against Amerks - Syracuse Crunch
- Brock Nelson's first pro hat trick propels Sound Tigers to 4-1 victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons edge Connecticut - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Struggles against Peoria Continue, Fall 5-3 - Chicago Wolves
- Petr Mrazek Earns First Pro Shutout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Shut Out 1-0 in Grand Rapids - Abbotsford Heat
- Hershey Leaves Bitter Taste with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Grind out Goalie-Duel Win - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Fall Short 2-0 in Front of 7,966 - Worcester Sharks
- Penguins Down Phantoms for Fifth Straight Home Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Quiet Whale - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Draw Second-Largest Crowd in Franchise History - Connecticut Whale
- Sound Tigers Claw Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Devils Shut out by Pirates - Albany Devils
- Bears Fire Away, Defeat Monarchs - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Extend Streak to Five - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Blank Senators to Sweep Series - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Fall to IceCaps, 1-0 - Binghamton Senators
- Toronto Downs Hamilton 4-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Marlies Defeat Bulldogs 4-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Dallas Recalls Reilly Smith from Texas - Texas Stars
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Connecticut, Game #44 - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Recall Reiter - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.