Sound Tigers Recall Reiter
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (Feb. 2, 2013) - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers announced today they have recalled goaltender Kenny Reiter from the Fort Wayne Komets of the ECHL.
Reiter, 26, joins the Sound Tigers for his second AHL stint of the 2012-13 campaign. Reiter appeared in two games during his last recall earlier in the season went posted a 0-1-0 record in two games with a 4.50 goals against average and .882 save percentage.
The Pittsburgh, PA native has appeared in 24 games with the Komets and leads Fort Wayne with a 14-7-1 record, .2.72 goals against average and a .916 save percentage.
The Sound Tigers return to action tonight when they host the Norfolk Admirals at 7:00 p.m. Tonight is Souper Bowl of Caring Night, and all fans who bring at least five canned goods to tonight's game will receive a free ticket to the Sound Tigers Apr. 7 game against Adirondack. Tickets are still available at the Webster Bank Arena Click It Or Ticket Box Office or can be purchased online at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 2, 2013
- Cundari Powers Rivermen Past Wolves - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Struggle against Amerks - Syracuse Crunch
- Brock Nelson's first pro hat trick propels Sound Tigers to 4-1 victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons edge Connecticut - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Struggles against Peoria Continue, Fall 5-3 - Chicago Wolves
- Petr Mrazek Earns First Pro Shutout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Shut Out 1-0 in Grand Rapids - Abbotsford Heat
- Hershey Leaves Bitter Taste with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Grind out Goalie-Duel Win - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Fall Short 2-0 in Front of 7,966 - Worcester Sharks
- Penguins Down Phantoms for Fifth Straight Home Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Quiet Whale - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Draw Second-Largest Crowd in Franchise History - Connecticut Whale
- Sound Tigers Claw Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Devils Shut out by Pirates - Albany Devils
- Bears Fire Away, Defeat Monarchs - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Extend Streak to Five - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Blank Senators to Sweep Series - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Fall to IceCaps, 1-0 - Binghamton Senators
- Toronto Downs Hamilton 4-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Marlies Defeat Bulldogs 4-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Dallas Recalls Reilly Smith from Texas - Texas Stars
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Connecticut, Game #44 - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Recall Reiter - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Bailey, Ho-Sang each score in setback on Friday
- Sound Tigers Open Four-Game Trip Tonight in Hershey
- St. Denis ties franchise record with five points, including first professional hat trick
- Eansor Agrees to Terms with Islanders
- Islanders Versus Rangers Returning to Bridgeport