Clips Fall to Santa Cruz in Final Minute
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Agua Caliente Clippers (19-19) couldn't hold on to their lead, falling in the final minute of the game to the Santa Cruz Warriors (19-16), 92-90, on Thursday night.
After a tight fist half that ended with a 50-48 Agua Caliente advantage, the Clippers turned on the burners, opening the third quarter with a 26-11 run to go up by a game-high of 15 points and led by double-digits with nine minutes left in the game. Unfazed by the deficit, the Warriors fought back and, down one with one minute remaining on the clock, a three-pointer by Jeremy Pargo put Santa Cruz ahead and would prove to be the deciding bucket.
Mfiondu Kabengele, on assignment from the LA Clippers, led Agua Caliente with a huge double-double of 17 points and 18 rebounds. James Palmer Jr. and Xavier Rathan-Mayes each recorded 18 points.
Santa Cruz was led by Pargo's game-high 24 points and eight assists.
The Clippers look to regain playoff momentum as they return home to take on the Austin Spurs on Thursday, February 27. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7 p.m. PST inside the Toyota Arena in Ontario, Calif.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2020
- Vipers Surge Past Legends in Second Half - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Fort Wayne Gets by Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Coats Fall to Charge in First Game After Break - Delaware Blue Coats
- Everyone Deserves Second Chance, Suns Make the Sacrifice - Northern Arizona Suns
- Thomas and Hall Shine in Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Complete Season Sweep in Delaware - Canton Charge
- Capital City Takes Round One over Greensboro - Greensboro Swarm
- Magic Fall to Nets at Home - Lakeland Magic
- Charge Acquire Rights to Devyn Marble - Canton Charge
- Warriors Acquire Zach Norvell Jr in Trade - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warriors Acquire Alex Robinson in Trade - Santa Cruz Warriors
- South Bay Acquires Returning Player Rights to Juan Toscano-Anderson and 2020 First Round Pick - South Bay Lakers
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Go-Go to Host STEM Education Day Presented by Deloitte - Capital City Go-Go
- Detroit Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Acquires Trey Phills - Greensboro Swarm
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Scotty Hopson - Oklahoma City Blue
- Minnesota Timberwolves Recall Jacob Evans III from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Sign Joe Chealey to 10-Day Contract - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Rally Late in Fourth, Beat Clippers, 92-90 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Clips Fall to Santa Cruz in Final Minute - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat South Bay Lakers 128-124 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.