Warriors Rally Late in Fourth, Beat Clippers, 92-90
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors (19-16) beat the visiting Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (19-19) with a 92-90 victory Thursday night at Kaiser Permanente Arena in their first game back from the NBA All-Star break.
Santa Cruz guard Jeremy Pargo scored 24 points and added eight assists in his return from a 10-day contract with the Golden State Warriors. Center Deyonta Davis finished with his fifth straight double-double with 22 points and 12 rebounds to go along with a career-high six blocks while guard Roger Moute a Bidias added 12 points, eight rebounds and two steals.
On assignment from the LA Clippers, center Mfiondu Kabengele led Agua Caliente with 17 points and 18 rebounds for his 11th double-double of the season. Guard Xavier Rathan-Mayes added 18 points and six rebounds and fellow guard Terance Mann, on assignment from LA, finished with 13 points, six assists, six rebounds and three steals.
Agua Caliente took an early 11-point lead and held a 26-22 edge after one quarter. The Clippers led 50-48 at halftime before building a 76-61 lead with 4:48 to go in the third quarter. Santa Cruz closed the third quarter on a 10-3 run to cut the lead to 79-71 heading into the fourth.
Santa Cruz trailed 85-75 in the fourth quarter before going on a 10-0 run to tie the game on a Pargo field goal with 5:11 remaining. The teams traded leads down the stretch, with Pargo hitting a 3-pointer with 1:00 remaining to give Santa Cruz the lead for good at 92-90. Agua Caliente had seven field goal attempts in the final minute of the game but failed to convert.
The Warriors improved to 5-0 against Agua Caliente this season.
The Warriors return to Kaiser Permanente Arena on Saturday, February 22 as they take on the Stockton Kings. Fans can watch the game on NBC Sports Bay Area or stream on Twitch. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a Santa Cruz Warriors nightlight in honor of Pajama Night. Fans are encouraged to wear their own pajamas and bring a pair of new pajamas to donate to a child in need through the Project Pajamas initiative. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2020
- Vipers Surge Past Legends in Second Half - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Fort Wayne Gets by Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Coats Fall to Charge in First Game After Break - Delaware Blue Coats
- Everyone Deserves Second Chance, Suns Make the Sacrifice - Northern Arizona Suns
- Thomas and Hall Shine in Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Complete Season Sweep in Delaware - Canton Charge
- Capital City Takes Round One over Greensboro - Greensboro Swarm
- Magic Fall to Nets at Home - Lakeland Magic
- Charge Acquire Rights to Devyn Marble - Canton Charge
- Warriors Acquire Zach Norvell Jr in Trade - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warriors Acquire Alex Robinson in Trade - Santa Cruz Warriors
- South Bay Acquires Returning Player Rights to Juan Toscano-Anderson and 2020 First Round Pick - South Bay Lakers
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Go-Go to Host STEM Education Day Presented by Deloitte - Capital City Go-Go
- Detroit Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Acquires Trey Phills - Greensboro Swarm
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Scotty Hopson - Oklahoma City Blue
- Minnesota Timberwolves Recall Jacob Evans III from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Sign Joe Chealey to 10-Day Contract - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Rally Late in Fourth, Beat Clippers, 92-90 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Clips Fall to Santa Cruz in Final Minute - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat South Bay Lakers 128-124 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Warriors Hold off Hustle and Extend Win Streak to Six, 116-111
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95
- Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans IIi
- Warriors Earn Largest Win in Franchise History with 39-Point Victory over Clippers
- Warriors Beat Stars in Overtime, 109-104