Magic Fall to Nets at Home
With Josh Magette playing for the USA AmeriCup Qualifying Team, Hassani Gravett was in the starting lineup and scored the first seven points for the Magic to give Lakeland an early seven point lead. Nicolas Claxton came off the bench and scored 11 first quarter points to help the Nets pull in front going into the second. Jeremiah Martin added 11 points of his own in the second quarter as the Nets finished the half on a 12-4 run and increased their lead to 11.
The Nets capitalized on a huge rebounding differential to begin to pull away in the third, extending the lead to 24 points in the quarter. Jonathan Kasibabu and Claxton continued their dominance on the boards in the final period as the Magic fell 110-84.
Isaac Humphries returned to action for Lakeland after missing the last two months with a knee injury. Andrew Rowsey lead the Magic in scoring with 21 points, four rebounds, and two assists. Gravett finished with 17 points, six rebounds, five assists, and two steals. Two-way player, BJ Johnson, posted 17 points and eight rebounds. Melvin Frazier Jr., on assignment from Orlando, contributed 15 points, six rebounds, four assists, and three steals.
Claxton finished with 21 points, 12 rebounds, and two steals. Martin scored 20 points, five rebounds, four assists, and two steals. C.J. Williams posted 17 points, four rebounds, and four assists. Kasibabu added 15 points and 13 rebounds.
The Lakeland Magic hit the road to take on the Windy City Bulls on Sunday, February 23. Tip-off is set for 6:00 PM. The game will be available on NBAGLeague.com
Lakeland Magic single-game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2020
- Vipers Surge Past Legends in Second Half - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Fort Wayne Gets by Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Coats Fall to Charge in First Game After Break - Delaware Blue Coats
- Everyone Deserves Second Chance, Suns Make the Sacrifice - Northern Arizona Suns
- Thomas and Hall Shine in Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Complete Season Sweep in Delaware - Canton Charge
- Capital City Takes Round One over Greensboro - Greensboro Swarm
- Magic Fall to Nets at Home - Lakeland Magic
- Charge Acquire Rights to Devyn Marble - Canton Charge
- Warriors Acquire Zach Norvell Jr in Trade - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warriors Acquire Alex Robinson in Trade - Santa Cruz Warriors
- South Bay Acquires Returning Player Rights to Juan Toscano-Anderson and 2020 First Round Pick - South Bay Lakers
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Go-Go to Host STEM Education Day Presented by Deloitte - Capital City Go-Go
- Detroit Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Acquires Trey Phills - Greensboro Swarm
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Scotty Hopson - Oklahoma City Blue
- Minnesota Timberwolves Recall Jacob Evans III from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Sign Joe Chealey to 10-Day Contract - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Rally Late in Fourth, Beat Clippers, 92-90 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Clips Fall to Santa Cruz in Final Minute - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat South Bay Lakers 128-124 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.