Chris Bourque Named to AHL First All-Star Team
HERSHEY, Pa. - The Hershey Bears, in conjunction with the American Hockey League, announced today that forward Chris Bourque has been named to the AHL's 2015-16 First All-Star Team. Voting was conducted by coaches, players and media in each of the league's 30 member cities.
Bourque, 30, earns his second consecutive First All-Star Team honor and third overall. He currently leads the AHL in scoring with 73 points (28 goals, 45 assists), a total which ties for the second-best single-season point total of his illustrious career. He ranks tied for first in assists, second in goals and second in power-play points (28).
The Boston, Massachusetts native began the season by recording his 500th AHL point on October 10th, and has the next milestone in sight as he aims for his 200th AHL goal. He has recorded 572 points (199 goals, 373 assists) in 577 career games. 466 of those points (159 goals, 307 assists) have come with the Chocolate and White, which rank seventh in franchise history and led to three Calder Cup championships.
A four-time AHL All-Star, Bourque currently ranks tied with 1974 Calder Cup champion head coach and former player Chuck Hamilton for 18th in all-time Hershey games played (459). He ranks 12th in all-time Hershey goals scored (159), and recently passed AHL Hall of Fame defenseman Ralph Keller for sixth place in all-time Bears assists (307).
Bourque and the Bears are home to host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers tomorrow, April 8. The first 3,000 fans will receive a Bears-branded logo golf ball courtesy of Fairview Golf Course. Individual tickets are available at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or online at TicketMaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2016
- IceCaps Release Joyaux from ATO - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Shoot from Center Ice and Win 2016-17 Syracuse Crunch Season Tickets - Syracuse Crunch
- 2016 Scotty Bowman Showcase Rosters Announced - Rochester Americans
- Dominik Masin, Matthew Spencer and Jonne Tammela Join Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Recall Forward Ronalds Kenins from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Goaltender Anthony Stolarz Returned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Chris Bourque Named to AHL First All-Star Team - Hershey Bears
- Mikko Rantanen Named to 2015-16 AHL All-Star Second Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Goaltender Peter Budaj Named to 2015-16 AHL All-Star First Team - Ontario Reign
- Russo Named to 2015-16 AHL Second All-Star Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Jeffrey, O'Neill, Murray Named to AHL Second All-Star Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mike Sislo Named to 2015-16 AHL All-Star Second Team - Albany Devils
- 2015-16 American Hockey League First and Second All-Star Teams Named - AHL
- Adin Hill, Christian Fischer and Dysin Mayo Report to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Wolf Pack's Nieves a Man of Many Talents - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Jonathan Drouin and Matt Taormina - Syracuse Crunch
- San Diego Gulls First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Friday, April 8 - San Diego Gulls
- Flames Recall Drew Shore from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Dallas Stars Recall Jason Dickinson - Texas Stars
- Hurricanes Recall Derek Ryan from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Sabres Recall Forwards Rodrigues, Schneider - Rochester Americans
- Gulls Rally for 6-5 OT Win over Bakersfield - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Fall to Ontario Despite Last Period Shooting Gallery - Stockton Heat
- Condors Stunned in Overtime by San Diego, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Milwaukee - April 6 - Manitoba Moose
- Reign Are Regular-Season Pacific Division Champions with Win in Stockton - Ontario Reign
- Rampage Nip Barracuda 4-3 in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.