Casali, Mujica Pace Bulls Past Bisons
DURHAM, NC - Catcher Curt Casali paced a 13-hit performance with a four-hit evening, and Jose Mujica turned in six shutout innings as the Durham Bulls defeated the Buffalo Bisons 5-1 Tuesday night at the DBAP.
Mujica (2-1) earned the win by striking out six, scattering four hits and walking one. The right-hander was pulled one batter into the seventh inning, and his replacement Ryne Stanek promptly struck out the side. Diego Castillo tossed the final two frames, surrendering one run in the ninth.
Durham broke the ice in the bottom of the third inning when Jake Bauers doubled to open the stanza and Willy Adames followed with a walk. Two batters later Bauers scored on a double play groundout, and Adames later scored on Casali's single to left.
In the fifth the Bulls tacked on another run when Casali scored from third on a wild pitch with two outs. In the seventh the home side made it a four-run advantage on an RBI double by Adam Moore, before Casali's RBI single in the eighth scored Adames, giving the home side a 5-0 lead.
Casali finished the evening 4-for-5 with two RBI and two runs scored, while Bauers and Andrew Velazquez each turned in three-hit performances as the Bulls captured their third consecutive win. Adames finished the evening 1-for-4 with two runs scored, extending his hitting streak to seven games. Chris Rowley (1-1) suffered the loss for Buffalo, allowing two runs on six hits over four frames.
The Bulls go for the sweep of the three-game series Wednesday morning at the DBAP at 10:35 a.m. LHP Vidal Nuno (1-0, 3.45) takes the hill for Durham opposite LHP Ryan Borucki (0-2, 6.23) for Buffalo.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 24, 2018
- Eppler, Tribe Earn Third Shutout of 2018 - Indianapolis Indians
- Newman Knocks Tribe to Shutout over Syracuse - Indianapolis Indians
- Casali, Mujica Pace Bulls Past Bisons - Durham Bulls
- SWB Edged by Columbus 3-2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Fall to the Bulls, 5-1 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bogaerts Homers in Rehab Assignment for PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Drop Tuesday's Game to the Bats 5-1 - Charlotte Knights
- Suarez Helps Bats to Victory, 5-1 - Louisville Bats
- Peterson's Slam Lifts Stripers in Rochester - Gwinnett Stripers
- Wings Offense Struggles in Loss - Rochester Red Wings
- Stewart Tallies Four Hits as Hens Top PawSox - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tonight's College Baseball Game Cancelled Due to Inclement Weather - Charlotte Knights
- Louisville Bats Notes: April 24 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders Respond to PawSox "Evil Empire" Weekend - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs Postponed Tonight - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Syracuse Loses Back-To-Back Games for First Time this Season - Syracuse Chiefs
- Tides and Lehigh Valley Postponed - Norfolk Tides
- OF Daniel Palka recalled by the Chicago White Sox - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Games Notes - Buffalo at Durham (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Eugenio Suarez to Begin Rehab Assignment with Triple-A Louisville - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (8-7) vs. Syracuse Chiefs (10-6) - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.