Bush Punches out Career-High Nine in Tourists Win
GREENSBORO - Asheville's starting pitcher, Nick Bush, dominated the Greensboro Grasshoppers for the second time in the last three weeks. Bush pitched a career-high 7.1 innings and struck out a career-high nine batters in the Tourists 9-3 series-ending win.
The win guaranteed Asheville a series split on the road. Since June 27th the Tourists have lost only one series. The victory also jumped the Tourists back into a tie for first place in the South Atlantic League's Southern division with seven straight home games on the horizon.
Niko Decolati opened the scoring with a solo Home Run in the top of the first. After Greensboro tied the score with a solo Home Run of their own, Coco Montes put Asheville back in front with a sacrifice fly in the third.
Entering the fifth the Tourists once again found themselves tied and on the first pitch of the inning Danny Edgeworth untied the game. Asheville's second baseman hit his eighth Home Run of the season to give the Tourists a 3-2 lead. Montes delivered with an RBI single later in the frame to extend the advantage.
With the game 4-3 in the seventh inning, Grant Lavigne plated a pair of insurance runs with a two-out single into left field. Lavigne added another RBI single in the ninth. Decolati and Lavigne both finished with three hits and Will Golsan added a pair of hits from the top of the order.
Kyle Datres also reached base four times in the win. Reagan Todd and PJ Poulin followed Bush and pitched the final 1.2 innings without surrendering any damage. With the win, the Tourists took the season series from the Grasshoppers four games to three.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Fireflies Win Greenville Series in Walk-Off Fashion - Columbia Fireflies
- Shewmake, Mejia Slam Augusta in 11-0 Rome Victory - Rome Braves
- Intimidators Lose Another Late Lead in Delmarva; Fall 4-2 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- RiverDogs Fall Short of Four-Game Sweep - Charleston RiverDogs
- 'Birds Rally Late to Steal K-Town Series - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Crawdads Take Series Finale 2-1 on Sunday - Hickory Crawdads
- Bush Punches out Career-High Nine in Tourists Win - Asheville Tourists
- Rome Takes Series with 11-0 Victory - Augusta GreenJackets
- The Azimuth Was Alright as Jaquez's Jack Puts Legends on Top - Lexington Legends
- Suns Fall in Pitcher's Duel - Hagerstown Suns
- De Los Santos' Quality Start Sinks 'Claws in 6-1 Win - West Virginia Power
- Power Top Claws 6-1 in Sunday Series FInale - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Game Notes (August 11) - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Greenville (Game 115) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Kannapolis Overmatched by Shorebirds Pitching Saturday Night - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Michael Harris joins Braves from GCL, Noguera activated - Rome Braves
- Bill on Baseball: Toribio Dazzles as Hoppers Roll 8-0 - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Rome Earns Doubleheader Split on 1-0 Walk-Off Win - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.