Power Top Claws 6-1 in Sunday Series FInale
LAKEWOOD, NJ - West Virginia used a four-run fourth inning to top the BlueClaws 6-1 on Sunday afternoon at FirstEnergy Park.
The Power (24-25/61-58) took three of four in the series from the BlueClaws (20-27/49-68).
The Power opened the scoring in the first on an RBI single from Bobby Honeyman. The BlueClaws tied the game in the bottom of the second inning on an RBI double from Juan Aparicio.
They added three more unearned runs in the fourth inning on a SAC fly by Mike Salvatore and a two-run double from Manny Pazos. All three fourth inning runs were unearned after an error on Cole Stobbe.
BlueClaws starter Francisco Morales (1-6) took the loss, allowing four runs, one earned, in four innings of work.
Victor Santos came on in the sixth inning and walked two before getting out of a jam. He couldn't escape a jam in the seventh inning, allowing RBI singles to Matt Sanders and Onil Pena. Santos was charged with two runs in 1.2 innings and three walks, matching a season-high.
Power starter Josias De Los Santos (4-6) gave up one run over six innings to earn the win.
Malvin Matos, McCarthy Tatum and Juan Aparicio all had two hits for the BlueClaws in the loss. Matos, who had seven hits in the last three games of the series, is 29 for his last 65 at the plate.
The BlueClaws head to Hagerstown to start a three-game series on Monday night. LHP Manuel Silva starts the opener for Lakewood.
Images from this story
Lakewood BlueClaws with a big swing
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Fireflies Win Greenville Series in Walk-Off Fashion - Columbia Fireflies
- Shewmake, Mejia Slam Augusta in 11-0 Rome Victory - Rome Braves
- Intimidators Lose Another Late Lead in Delmarva; Fall 4-2 - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- RiverDogs Fall Short of Four-Game Sweep - Charleston RiverDogs
- 'Birds Rally Late to Steal K-Town Series - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Crawdads Take Series Finale 2-1 on Sunday - Hickory Crawdads
- Bush Punches out Career-High Nine in Tourists Win - Asheville Tourists
- Rome Takes Series with 11-0 Victory - Augusta GreenJackets
- The Azimuth Was Alright as Jaquez's Jack Puts Legends on Top - Lexington Legends
- Suns Fall in Pitcher's Duel - Hagerstown Suns
- De Los Santos' Quality Start Sinks 'Claws in 6-1 Win - Charleston Dirty Birds
- Power Top Claws 6-1 in Sunday Series FInale - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Game Notes (August 11) - Charleston Dirty Birds
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Greenville (Game 115) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Kannapolis Overmatched by Shorebirds Pitching Saturday Night - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Michael Harris joins Braves from GCL, Noguera activated - Rome Braves
- Bill on Baseball: Toribio Dazzles as Hoppers Roll 8-0 - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Rome Earns Doubleheader Split on 1-0 Walk-Off Win - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jersey Shore BlueClaws Stories
- Uncle Vinnie's Show Postponed Until October 17th
- Home Runs for Heroes Scores Record-Breaking $91,000 for Charities
- BlueClaws Charities Accepting Grant Applications
- Former BlueClaws Set for Arizona Fall League
- BlueClaws Ortiz, Brown Named High-A East All-Stars