Bulldogs Co-Captain Talley, Blue Jays' 7th-Rounder, Joins Lugnuts
LANSING, Mich. - In conjunction with the Toronto Blue Jays, the Lansing Lugnuts have received infielder L.J. Talley, drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays this year in the seventh round out of the University of Georgia. In a corresponding move, pitcher Naswell Paulino was transferred to Extended Spring.
Talley, 22, was one of the co-captains of the Georgia Bulldogs' baseball team, which entered the NCAA Tournament as the No. 4 overall seed but was eliminated by the Florida State Seminoles. A native of Folkston, Georgia, he started all 63 games for the Bulldogs this year, slashing .332/.435/.489 with eight home runs and five stolen bases, and was named Second Team All-SEC and to the SEC All-Defensive Team.
Talley is in the Lugnuts' starting lineup tonight, playing second base and batting seventh, as the Nuts host the Bowling Green Hot Rods in the second game of a three-game series at 7:05 p.m. on Star Wars Night at Cooley Law School Stadium, featuring post-game LAFCU Fireworks. This will be his professional debut.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Liberatore K's Nine, Witherspoon Has Four Hits in 7-1 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Snappers lose heartbreaker to force rubber match tomorrow - Beloit Snappers
- Captains Even Series in Marathon Game - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Yan, Duensing Combine for One-Hitter Victory - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Crash Party - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Turn the Tables on the Loons, Take a 10-Inning Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Cubs and Whitecaps Washed Away Saturday Night - South Bend Cubs
- Cougars Win on Diaz's 2nd Career Walk-Off - Kane County Cougars
- 'Caps, Cubs Canceled - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Blown Out in Loss to Burlington - Peoria Chiefs
- Bandits Beat Timber Rattlers 5-0 in Rain-Shortened Affair - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Liberatore Quiets Lugnuts, 7-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bravo & the Bandits Beat Wisconsin 5-0 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels and LumberKings Suspended - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 15 vs. Lake County (Game 67) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bulldogs Co-Captain Talley, Blue Jays' 7th-Rounder, Joins Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Chevy Youth Baseball Clinic June 21 - Registration Is Open - Clinton LumberKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.