Chiefs Blown Out in Loss to Burlington
Peoria, IL - The Peoria Chiefs fell to the Burlington Bees 7-1 Saturday night at Dozer Park. The Chiefs fall to 29-39 on the season with one game left until the all-star break.
Burlington struck first in the top of the second against Chiefs starter Michael Brettell. Two singles and a Justin Jones three-run homerun gave the Bees a 3-0 lead.
The Bees added one run in the top of the fifth. Keinner Pina hit a solo homerun to increase the lead to 4-0. Burlington added more three runs in the top of the eighth against Chiefs reliever Thomas St. Clair. A walk and three doubles pushed the lead to 7-0 before St. Clair induced a fielder's choice groundout to end the bases loaded threat.
The Chiefs got their only hit and run of the game in the bottom of the ninth against Burlington reliever Cole Duensing. Wadye Ynfante was hit by a pitch and advanced to second with one out. Ivan Herrera singled for the first Chiefs hit of the game and Ynfante scored the first Chiefs run to cut the deficit to 7-1.
Brettell (2-4) took the loss after pitching six innings, allowing four runs on four hits with one walk and a career-high nine strikeouts. Freddy Pacheco pitched a perfect inning and struck out all three batters he faced. St. Clair pitched one inning, allowing three runs on three hits with two walks and one strikeout. Cole Aker pitched the final inning, allowing two hits with two strikeouts.
The Chiefs wrap-up their series with the Burlington Bees Sunday at 2:05 p.m. Promotions can be found on the team website or social media accounts. Peoria will start RH Franyel Casadilla (2-1, 3.66) against Burlington RH Christopher Molina (3-4, 2.61). The broadcast can be heard, starting with the Pre-Game Show at 1:50 p.m. on the Peoria Chiefs Tune-In Page, which is free and also has a free app for smartphones and tablets. The game is also available on MiLB.tv to subscribers.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Liberatore K's Nine, Witherspoon Has Four Hits in 7-1 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Snappers lose heartbreaker to force rubber match tomorrow - Beloit Snappers
- Captains Even Series in Marathon Game - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Yan, Duensing Combine for One-Hitter Victory - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Crash Party - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Turn the Tables on the Loons, Take a 10-Inning Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Cubs and Whitecaps Washed Away Saturday Night - South Bend Cubs
- Cougars Win on Diaz's 2nd Career Walk-Off - Kane County Cougars
- 'Caps, Cubs Canceled - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Blown Out in Loss to Burlington - Peoria Chiefs
- Bandits Beat Timber Rattlers 5-0 in Rain-Shortened Affair - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Liberatore Quiets Lugnuts, 7-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bravo & the Bandits Beat Wisconsin 5-0 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels and LumberKings Suspended - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 15 vs. Lake County (Game 67) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bulldogs Co-Captain Talley, Blue Jays' 7th-Rounder, Joins Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Chevy Youth Baseball Clinic June 21 - Registration Is Open - Clinton LumberKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.