"Born to Run, for Beer" Returns for BruceClaws Night July 28th
The BlueClaws will host their second "Born to Run...For Beer" before the game on Saturday, July 28th, Bruce Springsteen Appreciation Night, presented by Kean University, at FirstEnergy Park!
The event, which will start promptly at 6:00 pm (before a 7:05 pm game), includes three laps around the warning track of FirstEnergy Park while drinking beer. The event is open to participants 21 and older. The first runner to finish three laps and their beer wins. Each runner also receives a commemorative T-Shirt!
Registration for the Born to Run...For Beer can be made by calling 732-901-7000 option 2 or online. Registration is $39.95 per runner and includes a game ticket, beer, participation in the race, and the commemorative t-shirt.
Runners will also enjoy an all-Springsteen set from the E-Street Shuffle, who will be playing live in the BlueClaws Biergarten beginning when the gates open at 5 pm until 7 pm as part of the Founders Brewing Summer Concert Series.
July 28th is the 11th annual BruceClaws Night as the BlueClaws become the BruceClaws in honor of the Jersey Shore music icon.
The BlueClaws will be wearing special BruceClaws jerseys which will be auctioned off online beginning three days before the game and ending 30 minutes after the top of the sixth inning ends. This year's jersey is modeled after the classic album Greetings From Asbury Park, which debuted 45 years ago in 1973.
Proceeds from the Jersey Auction will benefit BlueClaws Charities and their Community Partners Program. For tickets to the game, call 732-901-7000 option 2 or click here to order online.
The BlueClaws are the Jersey Shore's top stop for affordable, family entertainment. This year, the team added a nine-hole family Mini Golf Course, the Toyota World Home Run Pavilion featuring traditional boardwalk game favorites, and a brand-new Biergarten to FirstEnergy Park as part of the first phase of a ballpark development program.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 9, 2018
- 'Bird Bats Stall, 'Dads Salvage Finale - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Drive Cruise to Victory over Tourists in Series Finale - Greenville Drive
- West Virginia Hangs on for 6-4 Series Finale Win - West Virginia Power
- Extra Innings Goes to the Braves 6-5 - Rome Braves
- Braves Walk off in Extras - Augusta GreenJackets
- Castano Fans 8 in Hard-Luck Loss - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Viall's Fastball Unhittable; Righty Powers Columbia to Win - Columbia Fireflies
- RiverDogs Four-Game Winning Streak Ends in Columbia - Charleston RiverDogs
- K-Dators Top Claws 6-2 to Take Two of Three in Series - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Carlos Hernandez Dominates with Career High 12 Strikeouts in Game Three Win over Greensboro - Lexington Legends
- Fireflies Roster Moves and Game Notes: July 9 vs. Charleston (Game 85) - Columbia Fireflies
- DL Hall Named SAL Pitcher of the Week - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Olivares Hits Disabled List as Cuevas Is Called up to Fill Void - Charleston RiverDogs
- "Born to Run, for Beer" Returns for BruceClaws Night July 28th - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Three Former Legends Named to 2018 MLB All-Star Game - Lexington Legends
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 9) - West Virginia Power
- Minor League Baseball's June Players of the Month Named - SAL
- Cruz Honored as SAL Player of the Month - West Virginia Power
- Promo Preview: Sandlot Night, Crawdads Halloween and More - Hickory Crawdads
- You Won't Believe What the RiverDogs Are Doing in Their Upcoming Homestand - Charleston RiverDogs
- Suns Win Second Straight on Sunday - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.