K-Dators Top Claws 6-2 to Take Two of Three in Series
KANNAPOLIS, NC - Kannapolis scored three runs in the sixth on a three-run double from Craig Dedelow, and three more in the seventh en route to a 6-2 win over the BlueClaws on Monday night at Intimidators Stadium.
Lakewood loaded the bases with two outs in the ninth, but Joe Mockbee came in and struck out Nick Maton to end the game and earn his first save.
The BlueClaws (10-8/51-36) finish up their road trip at 2-4 while Kannapolis (9-9/48-37) takes two of three in the series and six of 10 from the BlueClaws this year.
Lakewood took the lead in the second inning on a leadoff home run from Jhailyn Ortiz. It was the 25th career home run for the 19 year old and hihs ninth of the season. Lakewood added a second run in the fifth on an RBI single from Jake Scheiner to take a 2-0 lead.
Kannapolis starter Yosmer Solarzano gave up those two runs over 4.2 innings and got a no-decision. BlueClaws starter Will Stewart threw five scoreless innings, lowering his ERA to a league-best 1.25, but did not factor in the decision.
Ismael Cabrera (0-2) came on for the BlueClaws in the sixth, but allowed a three-run double to Craig Dedelow to put Kannapolis in front.
The Intimidators added three more runs in the bottom of the seventh off Luis Cedeno. A passed ball scored one, and RBI singles by Nolan Brown and Johan Cruz pushed the lead to 6-2.
Intimidators reliever Luis Ledo (4-1) earned the win, allowing one hit over 2.1 scoreless innings.
Jake Scheiner and Josh Stephen each had two hits for the BlueClaws in the loss.
The BlueClaws head home on Wednesday to open a series with Asheville at FirstEnergy Park, the first game of a seven-game homestand.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 9, 2018
- 'Bird Bats Stall, 'Dads Salvage Finale - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Drive Cruise to Victory over Tourists in Series Finale - Greenville Drive
- West Virginia Hangs on for 6-4 Series Finale Win - West Virginia Power
- Extra Innings Goes to the Braves 6-5 - Rome Braves
- Braves Walk off in Extras - Augusta GreenJackets
- Castano Fans 8 in Hard-Luck Loss - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Viall's Fastball Unhittable; Righty Powers Columbia to Win - Columbia Fireflies
- RiverDogs Four-Game Winning Streak Ends in Columbia - Charleston RiverDogs
- K-Dators Top Claws 6-2 to Take Two of Three in Series - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Carlos Hernandez Dominates with Career High 12 Strikeouts in Game Three Win over Greensboro - Lexington Legends
- Fireflies Roster Moves and Game Notes: July 9 vs. Charleston (Game 85) - Columbia Fireflies
- DL Hall Named SAL Pitcher of the Week - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Olivares Hits Disabled List as Cuevas Is Called up to Fill Void - Charleston RiverDogs
- "Born to Run, for Beer" Returns for BruceClaws Night July 28th - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Three Former Legends Named to 2018 MLB All-Star Game - Lexington Legends
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 9) - West Virginia Power
- Minor League Baseball's June Players of the Month Named - SAL
- Cruz Honored as SAL Player of the Month - West Virginia Power
- Promo Preview: Sandlot Night, Crawdads Halloween and More - Hickory Crawdads
- You Won't Believe What the RiverDogs Are Doing in Their Upcoming Homestand - Charleston RiverDogs
- Suns Win Second Straight on Sunday - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.