Booyah Tripped up by Rafters
ASHWAUBENON, Wis. - The Green Bay Booyah fell to the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters at Capital Credit Union Park on Wednesday, 13-4.
The Booyah quickly fell behind as the Rafters plated seven runs before Green Bay took a swing. In the second, after a booming triple by Brett Blair (Stanford), Nathan Blasick (West Virginia) hit a sacrifice fly that scored Blair.
After Wisconsin Rapids scored another in the third, Green Bay scored three runs when Spencer Weston (Western Oregon), Tristin Garcia (Western Kentucky) and Johnny Hipsman (Richmond) each picked up RBIs that cut the deficit to four.
The score would remain motionless until the final frames in which the Rafters scored five unanswered runs to run away with the nine-run win.
The Booyah will head to Witter Field on Thursday to wrap up the season series with the Rafters. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 pm.
Christian Orr (Columbia International) is the probable pitcher for the Booyah. He is 3-1 with a 4.43 earned run average.
The Booyah will return to Capital Credit Union Park for their final home game of the season on Friday as the Lakeshore Chinooks come to town. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 pm. There will be Gnarly Cedar Brewing $5 14oz. craft pours presented by Razor 94.7 FM. There will also be a Postgame Fireworks Show, presented by Pepsi.
Single game, group tickets and the all-new Fleet Farm Flex Packs are on sale now. The Fleet Farm Flex Pack includes six tickets that can also be used for any games this summer along with a $50 Capital Credit Union Park gift card, $10 Fleet Farm gift card and much more. Visit www.booyahbaseball.com or call the ticket office at 920-497-7225 to reserve your seats today. The Booyah front office at Capital Credit Union Park is located at 2231 Holmgren Way in Ashwaubenon. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.
Images from this story
Green Bay Booyah outfielder Nadir Lewis
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 11, 2021
- All Growl, No Bite. Pit Spitters Win Big over K-Zoo - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Bombers Defeat Kokomo 9-2 in Eight Innings - Battle Creek Battle Jacks
- Honker Pitching Struggles in Loss to La Crosse - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Tie Franchise Record with 49th Win in Comeback Victory over Larks - St. Cloud Rox
- Booyah Tripped up by Rafters - Green Bay Rockers
- Green, Rivets Snap Losing Streak with Win at Kenosha - Rockford Rivets
- MoonDogs Five-Game Streak Concludes at Paws of Huskies - Mankato MoonDogs
- Mallards Come out Swinging - Madison Mallards
- Mallards Travel to Mequon to Face Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Booyah to Host Rafters - Green Bay Rockers
- Eau Claire Sweeps Loggers in an 8-1 Battle - La Crosse Loggers
- Playoffs: Round One, Rox vs MoonDogs - St. Cloud Rox
- Honkers Lose Closely Contested Finale in St. Cloud - Rochester Honkers
- Booyah Go Down in Madison - Green Bay Rockers
- Mallards Win 9-1, Sweep Booyah - Madison Mallards
- Rox Walk off to Clinch Second-Half Title, Home-Field Advantage Throughout Playoffs - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Rockers Stories
- Rockers Announce Final Six Additions to Roster
- Rockzilla Tour with Papa Roach, Falling in Reverse, Hollywood Undead and Bad Wolves Coming to Capital Credit Union Park August 14th
- Rockers Announce Eight Additions to Roster
- Green Bay Rockers Single Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Rockers to Host Green Bay Native and ESPN Host John Anderson for Inside Wisconsin Night