Booyah Split Set with Wausau
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah couldn't slow down the offensive of the Woodchucks and struggled to put runs on the board in an 8-0 loss.
The Woodchucks got started right off the bat when TJ Reeves doubled down the left field line to lead off the game. Wausau picked up two runs on fourth hits in the first inning, and they used that momentum for the rest of the day.
On the offensive end, Green Bay was shut out for the fifth time this season, the second time by the Woodchucks. Cooper Morrison led the way for the Booyah by going 2-4 with two singles. Nick Kreutzer picked up one hit in three at-bats, including a walk. Blaise Maris recorded the only other hit of the day for the Booyah, going 1-4. All four hits for Green Bay were singles on the night.
On the mound, Tommy Miller was handed his third loss of the season after going four innings and giving up seven runs, five of which were earned. Bobby Dorta pitched three innings, allowing one run and striking out three. Melvin Frazeir and Connor Spear finished the back end of the game by going two innings and picking up two combined strikeouts.
Green Bay starts a two-game set tomorrow with the Traverse City Pit Spitters. Green Bay sends out right hander Garrett Martin as they try to get a win against the hottest team in the Northwoods League. First pitch is set fort 6:05 p.m.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Cooper Morrison of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 2, 2019
- Express Downed by Duluth - Eau Claire Express
- Honkers Come from Behind to Defeat MoonDogs - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Drop Finale to Willmar, Splits Series - St. Cloud Rox
- Late Rally Too Much for Rafters - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Stingers Defeat Rox - Willmar Stingers
- Kingfish Topped by Pit Spitters - Kenosha Kingfish
- Fernandez Leads Slugging MoonDogs to Split with Honkers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Huskies Take Commanding Division Lead with 12-7 Win - Duluth Huskies
- Booyah Split Set with Wausau - Green Bay Booyah
- Mallards Bruise Bombers with 5-2 Win - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Offense Strong in Win over Booyah - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Late Eruption Powers Bucks to 8-4 Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Bombers Fall Short to Split Series with Madison - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kalamazoo Drops Their Fourth Straight against Rockford - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Huskies go 5-3 in 10th week - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Hope to Stay Hot in Finale with Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Get Your 2019 Playoff Tickets Now - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Homestand Highlights (August 3-11) - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Green Bay Booyah Announce Inaugural Craft Beer Fest Presented by Dean Distributing - Green Bay Booyah
- Crafty Cats Slip Past Bucks - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Former Mankato MoonDog Sam Selman Debuts with the Giants - Northwoods
- Chinooks Stumble in Loss to Rafters - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rafters Battle Back to Top Lakeshore in Game One - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rox Claim Highway 23 Series Trophy in Win against Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
- Larks Win in Walk-Off Fashion - Bismarck Larks
- Stingers Fall to St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.