Boomers Slowed in Middle Game at Florence
FLORENCE, KY - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, dropped a second consecutive series after suffering a 7-1 loss at the hands of the Florence Freedom in Kentucky on Wednesday night.
Florence scored in their first four plate appearances to build a 7-0 lead. The Boomers did not record a hit until the fifth inning when Rayden Sierra lined a single through the right side of the infield with one out. The lone run for the Boomers crossed the plate in the inning when Julio Gonzalez scored on a sacrifice fly from Dylan Jones. Schaumburg totaled just two hits in the loss, a third straight. Jones notched the other hit.
Starter Connor Reed was forced to leave the game in the second inning due to injury and suffered the loss after allowing four runs in 1.2 innings. Devin Rose retired the final eight batters he faced and struck out the side in the fifth, working 4.1 innings of relief. Christian Aragon and Joe Dougherty each threw a scoreless inning to close out the contest. The pitching staff struck out nine batters in the defeat.
The Boomers (16-13) conclude the series with Florence on Thursday night at 5:35pm when RHP Erik Martinez (0-1, 2.57) starts on the mound. The team returns home on June 18. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Freedom Capture Series Victory against Boomers - Florence Y'alls
- Wild Things Drop Middle Game to Miners - Washington Wild Things
- Slammers Fall 2-1 in Shortened Game Due to Rain - Joliet Slammers
- Cunningham Dominates as Miners Beat Wild Things - Southern Illinois Miners
- Boomers Slowed in Middle Game at Florence - Schaumburg Boomers
- ThunderBolts' Two-Run Seventh Hurts Otters - Evansville Otters
- Big Inning Pushes Grizzlies to Second Straight Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts Even Series with 3-1 Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rascals Drop Third Straight - River City Rascals
- Crushers Lose by a Score of 3-2 to Joliet - Lake Erie Crushers
- Freedom Outlast Boomers in Extra Inning Classic - Florence Y'alls
- Grizzlies Come Back, Beat Rascals in Opener - Gateway Grizzlies
- Long Propels Otters to Comeback Win in the Eighth - Evansville Otters
- Grizzlies Take Opener 5-4 - River City Rascals
- Baranek Doubles, Homers, Drive Home Both Wild Things' Runs in Loss - Washington Wild Things
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Schaumburg Boomers Stories
- Boomers Stadium to be Re-Named Wintrust Field
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of MLB
- White Sox Select Boomers Stadium as Training Site for the 2020 Season
- Gary SouthShore RailCats, Schaumburg Boomers to Add Black Lives Matters Patches to Team Jerseys
- All-Star Nieporte Returns for 2020