Slammers Fall 2-1 in Shortened Game Due to Rain
Riley Krane would start the Slammers bats in the first with a single, followed by a single from Harrison Bragg. The Crushers pitcher, Jared Koenig, would load the bases when he hit Ridge Hoopii-Haslam with a pitch. Peyton Isaacson would get the RBI, the only run for the game.
The next two innings would go by without another run on both sides, though both teams would leave runners stranded. In the top of the fourth the Crushers would score their only two.
The rain started coming down a litter harder in the fifth, and once the Slammers were through the bottom the game was delayed.
The Slammers and the Crushers would attempt to continue, but the game was called after two outs in the top of the sixth.
With the loss, the Slammers move to 11-18, while the Crushers get back to .500 with a record of 14-14. The winning pitcher in tonight's game is Jared Koenig, the loss goes to Daren Osby. Game 3 of the series will be Thursday, June 13 at 7:05 p.m.
Tonight's Merchants and Manufacturer's Bank Player of the Game is: Daren Osby with 8 strikeouts in 5 1/2 innings pitched.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Freedom Capture Series Victory against Boomers - Florence Freedom
- Wild Things Drop Middle Game to Miners - Washington Wild Things
- Slammers Fall 2-1 in Shortened Game Due to Rain - Joliet Slammers
- Cunningham Dominates as Miners Beat Wild Things - Southern Illinois Miners
- Boomers Slowed in Middle Game at Florence - Schaumburg Boomers
- ThunderBolts' Two-Run Seventh Hurts Otters - Evansville Otters
- Big Inning Pushes Grizzlies to Second Straight Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts Even Series with 3-1 Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rascals Drop Third Straight - River City Rascals
- Crushers Lose by a Score of 3-2 to Joliet - Lake Erie Crushers
- Freedom Outlast Boomers in Extra Inning Classic - Florence Freedom
- Grizzlies Come Back, Beat Rascals in Opener - Gateway Grizzlies
- Long Propels Otters to Comeback Win in the Eighth - Evansville Otters
- Grizzlies Take Opener 5-4 - River City Rascals
- Baranek Doubles, Homers, Drive Home Both Wild Things' Runs in Loss - Washington Wild Things
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.