Blue Jackets Assign Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to Monsters
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Thursday that the Blue Jackets assigned goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to the Monsters. In seven appearances for Cleveland this season, Zatkoff posted a record of 2-3-1 with one shutout, a 3.56 goals-against average, and a .863 save percentage.
A 6'2", 179 lb., left-handed native of Detroit, MI, Zatkoff, 30, was selected by the Kings in the third round (74th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and was acquired by the Blue Jackets via trade from Los Angeles in exchange for future considerations on January 22, 2018. In parts of four NHL seasons with the Pittsburgh Penguins and Los Angeles from 2013-17, Zatkoff posted a record of 18-21-4 with one shutout, a 2.72 goals-against average, and a .908 save percentage and helped the Penguins claim the 2016 Stanley Cup. In 215 career AHL appearances for the Manchester Monarchs, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Ontario Reign, and the Monsters spanning parts of eight seasons from 2008-18, Zatkoff accumulated a record of 100-85-7 with 17 shutouts, a 2.48 goals-against average, and a .913 save percentage. In 37 ECHL appearances for Ontario during the 2008-09 campaign, Zatkoff supplied a record of 17-15-3 with a 2.97 goals-against average and a .915 save percentage.
Prior to his professional career, Zatkoff registered a 54-22-7 record with seven shutouts, a 1.96 goals-against average, and a .927 save percentage in 92 NCAA appearances for Miami (OH) University spanning three seasons from 2005-08. During the 2004-05 season, Zatkoff went 13-6-3 with one shutout, a 2.55 goals-against average, and a .914 save percentage for the USHL's Sioux City Musketeers. Zatkoff also helped Team USA claim the Bronze Medal at the 2007 IIHF U20 World Junior Championships.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Friday road clash vs. the San Jose Barracuda with full coverage, live from SAP Center in San Jose, CA, underway at 10:00 pm on Alt 99.1 and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Full and partial season ticket memberships are on sale now and provide you with the best seat locations, custom member benefits and the lowest ticket prices starting at only $10 per game. Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000, visiting The Q Box Office or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2018
- Kaser Wins Ninth Broadcast Excellence Award from Michigan Association of Broadcasters - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Assign Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Canucks Sign Defenseman Ashton Sautner to a Two-Year Contract Extension - Utica Comets
- Country Music Star Hunter Hayes to Perform Post-Game Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- "Salute Our Military Night" to Highlight Roadrunners Weekend against Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Riverview Ice House Advances to Finals to Win Free LED Lighting Upgrade - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack Add Two to Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ottawa Reassigns Hogberg Back to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Another 3-In-3 Begins Friday in Utica for Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Bears Summon Gustafsson, Geiger from Stingrays - Hershey Bears
- Hurricanes Re-Assign Wallmark to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phillips Reassigned to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Recall Kile and Karabacek from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Reign Release Cory Ward from PTO - Ontario Reign
- Winnipeg Jets Release - Jets Recall Hutchinson from the Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Beaver Dam Family Center in Finals for Winning Free Ephesus LED Sports Lighting System - Milwaukee Admirals
- Whitecaps Night, Lashoff Bobblehead Giveaway and Winning Wednesday Among Promotions for Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wagner Signs PTO with Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Recalls Forward Michael Joly from Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Springfield Mummers on Parade Tour to Begin at Thunderbirds Game - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Hershey Bears Mourn the Loss of Ralph Keller - Hershey Bears
- Texas Stars Announce Changes to Team's Business Structure - Texas Stars
- Detroit Recalls Svechnikov and Reassigns Sadowy - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Add Yale University Product - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Heat Comeback Falls Just Short in 3-1 Loss - Stockton Heat
- Bruins Score Two on the Power Play in 6-3 Victory over Laval - Laval Rocket
- Iowa Drops Game to Texas 4-2 - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Sign Forward Spencer Naas to Amateur Tryout Contract
- Monsters & American Cancer Society To Host "Survivor & Volunteers" at The Q Thursday
- MONSTERS GAME SUMMARY: Monsters Fall Just Short in Overtime as Wolves Win, 3-2
- Monsters Weekly
- Monsters Stymied in San Antonio, 4-0