Blackhawks Assign Pair of First Round Picks to Rockford
Rockford, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks have assigned forwards Phillip Danault and Mark McNeill to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
The pair of Blackhawks first round draft choices in 2011 will be making their second stint in Rockford after both joined the Hogs late in the 2011-12 campaign following their Major Junior seasons.
Danault, 20, completed his fourth season in the QMJHL, with the Moncton Wildcats, ranking second on the team in scoring with 85 points (23g-62a). Before being traded to Moncton on Jan. 8, 2013, Danault spent the previous three seasons and the beginning of the 12-13 campaign with the Victoriaville Tigres, recording 65 goals and 145 assists in 216 contests.
In 2011-12 Danault appeared in seven games for the IceHogs and dished out two assists.
McNeill, 20, recently finished his fourth full season with the Prince Albert Raiders in the WHL, accumulating 25 goals and 42 assists in 65 games. McNeill's 67 points paced the team in scoring and his 25 goals were tied for the team-lead.
Last season the Edmonton, Alberta native racked up 12 penalty minutes in seven games for the IceHogs.
Next Home Game: Tuesday, April 2 vs. Milwaukee Admirals at 7:05 p.m. for Misery Never Thrilled So Many Fans Night! The IceHogs have teamed up with the RACVB for Misery Night as fans can take advantage of $3 tickets, $3 food deals and $3 merchandise specials. The game is the 10th of 12 on the season between Rockford and Milwaukee and the final showdown between the two at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2013
- Kings Acquire Defenseman Robyn Regehr - Manchester Monarchs
- Ducks Acquire Harry Zolnierczyk from Philadelphia and Assign Him to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Mark Cundari Included in Bouwmeester Trade - Peoria Rivermen
- Sabres Recall Forward Luke Adam from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Sharks Seven Points out with 11 Games Left - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Hamilton Bulldogs Announce Partnership with Front Row Marketing - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Dallas Assigns Brett Ritchie & Toby Petersen to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Amerks Recall Knapp from Greenville - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Wrap up Road Trip with Houston and Abbotsford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stalock Back to Worcester, Thomas Greiss to San Jose - Worcester Sharks
- Blackhawks Reassign Bollig to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Lightning Recall Mike Angelidis; Reassign Dana Tyrell To Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - AHL
- Blackhawks Assign Pair of First Round Picks to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch Sign Tanner Richard and Luke Witkowski to ATO Contracts - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Stewart Released from PTO - Houston Aeros
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Anton Lander Named CCM / AHL Player of the Week - Oklahoma City Barons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Sign Forward Tanner Richard - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Host Devils With Playoff Spot On The Line Tuesday - Springfield Falcons
- Vancouver Agrees to Buy Peoria Franchise from St. Louis - Peoria Rivermen
- Muzzin Named NHL Rookie of the Month for March - Manchester Monarchs
- Oklahoma City's Anton Lander Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Playoff Push Continues, Hogs Settle for Two Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Send Labrie & Robinson Back to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Harper and Kessel Assigned to ADK - Adirondack Phantoms
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Return Four Players to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Mike Pelech Released from PTO - Peoria Rivermen
- Strome Reassigned to Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bulldogs Sign Olivier Archambault to A.T.O. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Forward Louie Caporusso Reassigned to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Left Wing Francis Wathier Recalled to Dallas - Texas Stars
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Holding On In Home Stretch - Hershey Bears
- Drazenovic Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Garret Sparks Signed to ATO - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. Connecticut, Game #66 - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.