Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Pawtucket (6:05 p.m.)
Buffalo Bisons (61-66, 3rd (-14.5), North) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (61-68, 4th (-15.5), North)
Saturday, August 25th, 2018 (6:05 p.m.) - Coca-Cola Field
RHP Mike Hauschild (1-0, 3.38) vs. RHP Justin Haley (5-8 3.77)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, Bisons.com
This evening, the Bisons take on the Pawtucket Red Sox in the second game of a four-game set. Following their last series at Coca-Cola Field in the 2018 season, Buffalo will face their Thruway Cup rivals in their final road trip of the season. They first head to Rochester August 28-30, with a doubleheader on the 28th. Continuing down the 90 the team will play its season-ending series in Syracuse Labor Day weekend August 31 through September 3.
Last Game: BUF 13, PAW 4
3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and company had their bats on display as the team totaled thirteen runs on fifteen hits. OF Jonathan Davis finished the night with four hits in four at-bats and also reached base via hit by pitch. Guerrero Jr., who had his 40th multi-hit game in 86 games combined this year, had two doubles and a single. INF Gunnar Heidt crossed the plate three times.
Pawtucket Red Sox (9-8)
The Bisons and Paw Sox are meeting for the final time this season. The last series played between the two teams came back on June 25-28 at Coca-Cola Field, when Buffalo took three of the four games. INF Tim Lopes is 12-39 (.308 AVG) in 12 games against the Red Sox this season.
Today's Starter: RHP Mike Hauschild
RHP Mike Hauschild will make his third start with the Bisons this season. In his last start on August 19 at Gwinnett where he logged a no decision for the Herd, going 5.2IP, giving up five hits and two runs, both earned, while walking one and striking out four.
OF Jonathan Davis reached base in all five plate appearances on Friday. The speedy outfielder hit his fourth home run in a Bison uniform, all of which have come in the month of August. Davis has hits in 10 of his last 13 games (15-54, .278 AVG) and has reached base in 12 of those games (6 BBs). Twelve of his twenty-two runs batted in have also come in that span.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr. had three hits in four trips to the plate on Friday night, along with a sacrifice fly. Guerrero Jr. collected his tenth three-hit game of the season (86 combined games) and extended his on-base streak to seven games (12-27, .444 AVG).
C Alberto Mineo collected one hit in three at-bats and also drew ball four twice in the win. Mineo, who was promoted from Dunedin (Adv-A) on Thursday, has gone 2-6 (.333 AVG) in two games with the Herd. The Italian-born backstop came into Thursday's game as a defensive replacement.
INF Gunnar Heidt had two hits and crossed the plate three times on Friday. The infielder has had hits in five of his seven games since being brought back up from New Hampshire (.333 AVG) and has reached base in six of those (5 BBs).
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (59-69) took the opening game against the Philadelphia Phillies with a 4-2 victory, LHP Ryan Borucki's third win with the Jays. DH Kendrys Morales hit a home run, his fifth straight with a long ball. OF Billy McKinney also left the yard hitting a two-run shot, while INF Lourdes Gurriel had the other RBI in his first game back from the Disabled List. RHP Aaron Sanchez returns from the Disabled List today to face RHP Nick Pivetta (4:07 p.m.).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 25, 2018
- Chavis Homers, Leads PawSox to 8-5 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Tides Give Big Crowd Walk-Off Win in 10 - Norfolk Tides
- Stripers Get Back to .500 with Twin-Bill Sweep - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Drop Saturday's Day/Night Doubleheader to Stripers - Charlotte Knights
- Despite Davis' Record, Bisons Fall to Pawtucket, 8-5 - Buffalo Bisons
- Mud Hens Defeat Clippers in Front of Sell Out - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bats Rally Again for 4-2 Win over Indians - Louisville Bats
- Plates Defend the Golden Fork with 3-1 Win Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Indy Drops Second Straight to Louisville, 4-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders Offense Struggles in 2-1 Setback - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- In Second Duel of the Dishes, Salt Potatoes Fall to Plates, 3-1 - Syracuse Mets
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Saturday, August 25, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 25 - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Pawtucket (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (69-61) at Louisville Bats (56-71) - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Mike Buczkowski Named 2019 International League "Executive of the Year"
- 'Ballpark Brew Bash' Craft Beer Festival Returns to Sahlen Field September 21
- Ballpark Golf Returns with â??The Sahlen Field Links' September 18-20
- Bisons End Season on Winning Note, 5-3 over RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (12:05 p.m.)