In Second Duel of the Dishes, Salt Potatoes Fall to Plates, 3-1
Syracuse, NY - The Syracuse Salt Potatoes had four more hits than the Rochester Plates, but Syracuse lost to Rochester, 3-1, on Saturday evening at NBT Bank Stadium in the Duel of the Dishes. José Marmolejos had three hits, including a home run for the Salt Potatoes in the game. Syracuse has now had more hits than its opponent in seven straight games.
Syracuse (57-74) struck in the bottom of the fourth inning against Rochester reliever Luke Bard. Marmolejos took the first pitch of the inning and drilled it over the right-field wall for a solo home run that put the Salt Potatoes ahead, 1-0.
Rochester (59-71) scored all of its runs in the top of the fifth. Syracuse starting pitcher Erick Fedde retired the first two batters of the inning, but with two outs, Juan Graterol walked. Alex Perez followed with a single, moving Graterol to second base. Syracuse then brought reliever Josh Edgin into the game. Edgin hit Byron Buxton with a pitch to load the bases. Nick Gordon followed with a bases-loaded walk, scoring Graterol and tying the game, 1-1. Gregorio Petit then singled to left field, bringing home both Perez and Buxton to give the Plates a 3-1 advantage.
Fedde, in his Major League rehab start, pitched four and two-thirds innings, allowed three hits, two runs, two walks, and struck out six batters.
The Salt Potatoes and the Plates continue their four-game series on Sunday afternoon with the third game of the series. RHP Phillips Valdez is scheduled to pitch for Syracuse opposite LHP Lewis Thorpe for Rochester. First pitch is set for 1:05 p.m.
Images from this story
Erick Fedde threw four and two-thirds innings on a rehab assignment for the Syracuse Salt Potatoes
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 25, 2018
- Chavis Homers, Leads PawSox to 8-5 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Tides Give Big Crowd Walk-Off Win in 10 - Norfolk Tides
- Stripers Get Back to .500 with Twin-Bill Sweep - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Drop Saturday's Day/Night Doubleheader to Stripers - Charlotte Knights
- Despite Davis' Record, Bisons Fall to Pawtucket, 8-5 - Buffalo Bisons
- Mud Hens Defeat Clippers in Front of Sell Out - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bats Rally Again for 4-2 Win over Indians - Louisville Bats
- Plates Defend the Golden Fork with 3-1 Win Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Indy Drops Second Straight to Louisville, 4-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders Offense Struggles in 2-1 Setback - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- In Second Duel of the Dishes, Salt Potatoes Fall to Plates, 3-1 - Syracuse Mets
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Saturday, August 25, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 25 - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Pawtucket (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (69-61) at Louisville Bats (56-71) - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Mets Stories
- Syracuse Mets See Huge Jump in Attendance During the 2019 Season
- Syracuse Mets End Season with Heartbreaking 14-13 Loss to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders in One-Game Playoff
- Mets Beat Red Wings, 8-4, to Force One-Game Playoff for North Division Title
- Syracuse Keeps Playoff Hope Alive with 7-3 Win against Rochester
- Mets Lose to Red Wings, 5-3, on Saturday Night