LHV Game Notes
The IronRail Series continues as the first-place IronPigs (77-53) play Game 2 of a four-game, home series against the Scranton/WB RailRiders (67-61) at Coca-Cola Park... With a 9-1 loss last night, the Pigs have now dropped 10 of their lasts 17 games and are just 11-12 in August. Still, with a win tonight, the Pigs will clinch their first-ever North Division title along with their third-consecutive trip to the IL postseason and fourth in their 11-year history. Lehigh Valley, which reached its season apex on Aug. 5 at 70-43 (.619) and 11.0 games up, owns a 48-28 record since June 3 -- going from 0.5 games back to 9.0 games ahead... The RailRiders -- the Yankees' top affiliate -- have now won back-to-back contests a three-game skid. Still, the Riders have gone just 12-14 since July 29.
RHP Jerad Eickhoff (0-0, 2.35) will make a MLB rehab start for LHV against RHP Erik Swanson (2-2, 4.50)
Tonight is salute to Philadelphia Night, presented by St. Luke's University Health Network... First-Pitch is at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 25, 2018
- Chavis Homers, Leads PawSox to 8-5 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Tides Give Big Crowd Walk-Off Win in 10 - Norfolk Tides
- Stripers Get Back to .500 with Twin-Bill Sweep - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Drop Saturday's Day/Night Doubleheader to Stripers - Charlotte Knights
- Despite Davis' Record, Bisons Fall to Pawtucket, 8-5 - Buffalo Bisons
- Mud Hens Defeat Clippers in Front of Sell Out - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bats Rally Again for 4-2 Win over Indians - Louisville Bats
- Plates Defend the Golden Fork with 3-1 Win Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Indy Drops Second Straight to Louisville, 4-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders Offense Struggles in 2-1 Setback - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- In Second Duel of the Dishes, Salt Potatoes Fall to Plates, 3-1 - Syracuse Mets
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Saturday, August 25, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 25 - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Pawtucket (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (69-61) at Louisville Bats (56-71) - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.